Old 11-08-2010, 01:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Thank you on iris question

Thank you to Owdboggy, David Ross and Emilie,

I've decided to leave the iris bed where it is, maybe trim out a branch in
the oak and to do it all as soon as possible. I love my bearded iris in
bloom and want to ignore them the rest of the year, so this bed is perfect.
They bloom and the beds around them fill out and that's that.

Emilie, here in the wilds of southern NH, I've had very little luck with any
iris other than the bearded ones or Siberians. Love the look of LI - had
rusty red one that just withered away until I sent it south. It was growing
in a friend's garden 15 miles south as the crow flies, but she had a lot
more damp and shelter than I do.