Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2010, 10:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Coffee grounds

There was a long, detailed article today in Dave's Garden about using
coffee grounds to feed one's plants.

Anybody have extensive experience with this? Mine is limited to
dumping the grounds on Friday (when I make coffee for the gardener)
on nearby plants, mostly the two side-door plants, Azalea and Hebe,
as well as Roses in m rose path.

My question now relates to long-term, systematic use of coffee grounds
on roses. I can pick up grounds from coffee shops (as mentioned in
Dave's Garden article), but am looking for your real-world experience.

I live in So. Calif coastal. Soil is/was alkaline (adobe) but has been
modified over many years by me and previous owner, so I think it's
neutral (but should verify just for info).

So, if you're into coffee mulching, would you pls share your
experience.

Tx

HB

[IMG] code is On

coffee grounds from cold press coffee user Roses 4 01-05-2004 04:03 PM
Coffee grounds to keep out cats? Polar Edible Gardening 9 29-04-2003 11:56 AM
NPK of Coffee Grounds Ryunen Gardening 1 01-03-2003 05:27 AM
[IBC] Fw: Coffee grounds Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 22-02-2003 04:27 PM
Coffee grounds Theo Bonsai 0 22-02-2003 08:15 AM