GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   'redecorating' my garden (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/195190-redecorating-my-garden.html)

clara309 10-01-2011 01:23 PM

'redecorating' my garden

hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??

Billy[_10_] 10-01-2011 05:11 PM

'redecorating' my garden

In article ,
clara309 wrote:

hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my
garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously
neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m
squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest
anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??

Stop neglecting it, pull some weeds, and visit a nursery.
--
- Billy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyE5wjc4XOw

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 10-01-2011 11:23 PM

'redecorating' my garden

clara309 wrote:
hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my
garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously
neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m
squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest
anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??

Borrow some garden design books from the library.

David

Nad R 11-01-2011 12:44 AM

'redecorating' my garden

"David Hare-Scott" wrote:
clara309 wrote:
hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my
garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously
neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m
squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest
anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??

Borrow some garden design books from the library.

David

Gaia's Garden, Second Edition: A Guide To Home-Scale Permaculture

http://www.amazon.com/Gaias-Garden-S...4706529&sr=1-1

Billy[_10_] 11-01-2011 01:54 AM

'redecorating' my garden

In article ,
Nad R wrote:

"David Hare-Scott" wrote:
clara309 wrote:
hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my
garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously
neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m
squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest
anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??

Borrow some garden design books from the library.

David

Gaia's Garden, Second Edition: A Guide To Home-Scale Permaculture

http://www.amazon.com/Gaias-Garden-S...e/dp/160358029
8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1294706529&sr=1-1

You mean, read? Somehow I don't think clara309 will find that inspiring.
Too many of those fact thingies.

Nad R 11-01-2011 03:16 AM

'redecorating' my garden

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

"David Hare-Scott" wrote:
clara309 wrote:
hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my
garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously
neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m
squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest
anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??

Borrow some garden design books from the library.

David

Gaia's Garden, Second Edition: A Guide To Home-Scale Permaculture

http://www.amazon.com/Gaias-Garden-S...4706529&sr=1-1

You mean, read? Somehow I don't think clara309 will find that inspiring.
Too many of those fact thingies.

Poster did state: "can anyone suggest ANYTHING... Seen" :)
The book inspired me :)

Cipher[_2_] 11-01-2011 03:53 AM

'redecorating' my garden

On 1/10/2011 8:54 PM, Billy wrote:
In ,
Nad wrote:

"David wrote:
clara309 wrote:
hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my
garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously
neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m
squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest
anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??

Borrow some garden design books from the library.

Gaia's Garden, Second Edition: A Guide To Home-Scale Permaculture

You mean, read? Somehow I don't think clara309 will find that inspiring.

I suppose recommending filling the spreader with rock salt and having a
go around the yard is out of the question... :)

--
The word "urgent" is the moral of the story "The boy who cried wolf". As
a general rule I don't believe it until a manager comes to me almost in