Old 10-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Registered User

Default 'redecorating' my garden

hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??
Old 10-01-2011, 05:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
clara309 wrote:

hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my
garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously
neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m
squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest
anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??

Stop neglecting it, pull some weeds, and visit a nursery.
--
- Billy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyE5wjc4XOw
Old 10-01-2011, 11:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

clara309 wrote:
hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my
garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously
neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m
squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest
anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??

Borrow some garden design books from the library.

David
Old 11-01-2011, 12:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote:
clara309 wrote:
hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my
garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously
neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m
squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest
anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??

Borrow some garden design books from the library.

David

Gaia's Garden, Second Edition: A Guide To Home-Scale Permaculture

http://www.amazon.com/Gaias-Garden-S...4706529&sr=1-1

Old 11-01-2011, 01:54 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Nad R wrote:

"David Hare-Scott" wrote:
clara309 wrote:
hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my
garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously
neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m
squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest
anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??

Borrow some garden design books from the library.

David

Gaia's Garden, Second Edition: A Guide To Home-Scale Permaculture

http://www.amazon.com/Gaias-Garden-S...e/dp/160358029
8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1294706529&sr=1-1

You mean, read? Somehow I don't think clara309 will find that inspiring.
Too many of those fact thingies.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

"David Hare-Scott" wrote:
clara309 wrote:
hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my
garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously
neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m
squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest
anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??

Borrow some garden design books from the library.

David

Gaia's Garden, Second Edition: A Guide To Home-Scale Permaculture

http://www.amazon.com/Gaias-Garden-S...4706529&sr=1-1

You mean, read? Somehow I don't think clara309 will find that inspiring.
Too many of those fact thingies.

Poster did state: "can anyone suggest ANYTHING... Seen"
The book inspired me

Old 11-01-2011, 03:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 1/10/2011 8:54 PM, Billy wrote:
In ,
Nad wrote:

"David wrote:
clara309 wrote:
hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my
garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously
neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m
squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest
anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??

Borrow some garden design books from the library.

Gaia's Garden, Second Edition: A Guide To Home-Scale Permaculture

You mean, read? Somehow I don't think clara309 will find that inspiring.

I suppose recommending filling the spreader with rock salt and having a
go around the yard is out of the question...

--
The word "urgent" is the moral of the story "The boy who cried wolf". As
a general rule I don't believe it until a manager comes to me almost in