GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Freezinf of chili pequin (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/195909-freezinf-chili-pequin.html)

Craig Davis[_2_] 13-03-2011 07:34 PM

Freezinf of chili pequin

I am planting some chili pequins in the ground and in 5 gal pots in
Central Texas. Do the pots need to be moved indoors in the winter.
If so, what temp? Thanks for any advice you can give

Billy[_10_] 14-03-2011 12:37 AM

Freezinf of chili pequin

In article
,
Craig Davis wrote:

I am planting some chili pequins in the ground and in 5 gal pots in
Central Texas. Do the pots need to be moved indoors in the winter.
If so, what temp? Thanks for any advice you can give

70F to 85F and full sun.
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI
http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2011/3/7/michael_moore

Gunner[_3_] 16-03-2011 04:36 PM

Freezinf of chili pequin

On Mar 13, 12:34*pm, Craig Davis wrote:
I am planting some chili pequins in the ground and in 5 gal pots in
Central Texas. *Do the pots need to be moved indoors in the winter.
If so, what temp? *Thanks for any advice you can give

As we are halfway into March, I have to say you sure think long term.

A lot depends on the variety you actually have and your zone, as well
as how motivated you want to be. Do you want to overwinter them or
keep them producing year long? I feel you would harvest enough this
fall to satisfy a pepper high through a winter so as to take the easy
way and just overwinter them. Besides chiles are not a high dollar
item in Texas to justify the extra effort. Then it is just a warm
sunny corner and a drink every now and then.

Check Dave's Garden or google pequins, bird chile, or ask around.
I've never known a Texan to be shy about giving advice, especially
about their State Chile

other info sources:

http://www.fiery-foods.com/chile-pep...gerald-schmidt

http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/...nformation.php