Old 13-03-2011, 07:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Freezinf of chili pequin

I am planting some chili pequins in the ground and in 5 gal pots in
Central Texas. Do the pots need to be moved indoors in the winter.
If so, what temp? Thanks for any advice you can give
Old 14-03-2011, 12:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Craig Davis wrote:

I am planting some chili pequins in the ground and in 5 gal pots in
Central Texas. Do the pots need to be moved indoors in the winter.
If so, what temp? Thanks for any advice you can give

70F to 85F and full sun.
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI
http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2011/3/7/michael_moore
Old 16-03-2011, 04:36 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mar 13, 12:34*pm, Craig Davis wrote:
I am planting some chili pequins in the ground and in 5 gal pots in
Central Texas. *Do the pots need to be moved indoors in the winter.
If so, what temp? *Thanks for any advice you can give

As we are halfway into March, I have to say you sure think long term.

A lot depends on the variety you actually have and your zone, as well
as how motivated you want to be. Do you want to overwinter them or
keep them producing year long? I feel you would harvest enough this
fall to satisfy a pepper high through a winter so as to take the easy
way and just overwinter them. Besides chiles are not a high dollar
item in Texas to justify the extra effort. Then it is just a warm
sunny corner and a drink every now and then.

Check Dave's Garden or google pequins, bird chile, or ask around.
I've never known a Texan to be shy about giving advice, especially
about their State Chile

other info sources:

http://www.fiery-foods.com/chile-pep...gerald-schmidt

http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/...nformation.php

[IMG] code is On

What do I do with my chili peppers? Kevin Miller Edible Gardening 7 23-08-2003 03:12 AM
yellowing leaves on chili pepper plant Grilled Spam Edible Gardening 17 14-08-2003 10:12 PM
Chili peppers lose their sting upon drying? Ian Gil Edible Gardening 2 14-07-2003 12:52 AM
Chili plants Magnus Ekhall Gardening 1 08-06-2003 06:20 PM
Chile Pequin Marc Stephenson Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:09 AM