Old 05-06-2021, 07:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default ATCO 12/36 lawn tractor help needed

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 13:38:02 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 16:45:02 +0000
ATCO 1236 owner wrote:

Hi,

I know this is an old post but i can’t find anything on the internet about what the BELT specification is (or a part number) for the DRIVE belt to the grass collector and yours is one of the only posts! I dont suppose you still have any info on which belt fits the power-take-off to the grass collector at the back of the atco 1236 please - or an equivalent belt that does the job! Any info would be gratefully received! Thanks, Dave

Manual for the 11/36 can be found here at bottom of page:

https://oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/makehelp/atco/opmanuals

Both of these parts suppliers say the toothed belt for the mower deck
is no longer available:

https://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts...elt/501168.htm

https://www.powertoolspares.com/atco...6l80188/spares

If you have any sort of belt left measure around the outside of it.
Measure the side to side thickness and then use those numbers to search
for a generic replacement close enough to work.

None of the part number entries I saw mention the actual belt
dimensions. The Atco part number seems to be "L24812".

Hmm... this looks interesting:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATCO-TRACTO...-/203024449507

Doesn't say whether it's for the mower deck or drive box though...

Your ebay belt is 24814 - the owners manual says is the drive belt.

" cutter belts " are

24812 36 inch deck
24813 30 inch deck

... also as per your link to the owners manual good find !

I thought he was asking about a different belt to drive an
auxilliary grass catcher / sweeper or something ?

If it's like my WheelHorse - the part numbers for the
attachments are documented in the attachment's manual.
not the tractor manual
John T.

Old 05-06-2021, 09:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 15:15:58 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 14:58:07 -0400
wrote:

snip
I thought he was asking about a different belt to drive an
auxilliary grass catcher / sweeper or something ?

Me too ;-)

He seemed pretty desperate for info... so thought I'd try throwing him
some bones. Let him figure out if any are worth chewing on

I'd never heard of ATCO before - was it sold in the USA ?
.... web references seemed British ..
John T.

Old 06-06-2021, 04:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 06/06/2021 13:26, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 16:27:46 -0400
wrote:

snip
I'd never heard of ATCO before - was it sold in the USA ?
... web references seemed British ..

Not heard of it before either...

I have acquaintances in other groups and regularly read a few UK
magazines. The references, language used in his question had a
British vibe to it ;-)

https://www.atco.co.uk/centenary
Had an old kick start Atco mower in the 50's. great machine very reliable

[IMG] code is On

Atco B14 Help grebby01 Lawns 1 01-07-2014 03:32 PM
Atco 12 36 - not much info out there - need help! SteveL1212 Lawns 0 02-09-2013 01:18 PM
atco lawn mower ad rock Lawns 0 14-03-2013 06:35 PM
ATCO Lawn Mower DickieD Lawns 1 28-06-2012 10:55 AM
Atco Lawn Mowers?? Douglas Hageman United Kingdom 4 25-03-2003 07:44 PM