GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant ID (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/197127-plant-id.html)

triggerhappy 20-05-2011 08:33 AM

Plant ID

2 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I have just moved into a new flat and have these in the garden. Could someone please tell me what they are and whether they are edible?

Cheers!

Drobium 20-05-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggerhappy (Post 922145)
Hi,

I have just moved into a new flat and have these in the garden. Could someone please tell me what they are and whether they are edible?

Cheers!

looks to be either swiss chard or some sort of beet?
It's run to seed though so it's difficult to say.

I personally wouldn't eat it, as you really don't know what it is and what's been done with it (weedkiller or chemicals sprays?)

Chard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drobium 20-05-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drobium (Post 922182)
looks to be either swiss chard or some sort of beet?
It's run to seed though so it's difficult to say.

I personally wouldn't eat it, as you really don't know what it is and what's been done with it (weedkiller or chemicals sprays?)

Chard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also, there is a plantain growing next to it and a spurge/milkweed which is highly poisonous!