Old 20-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Registered User

Default Plant ID

Hi,

I have just moved into a new flat and have these in the garden. Could someone please tell me what they are and whether they are edible?

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Plant ID-photo.jpg   Plant ID-photo2.jpg
Old 20-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerhappy View Post
Hi,

I have just moved into a new flat and have these in the garden. Could someone please tell me what they are and whether they are edible?

Cheers!
looks to be either swiss chard or some sort of beet?
It's run to seed though so it's difficult to say.

I personally wouldn't eat it, as you really don't know what it is and what's been done with it (weedkiller or chemicals sprays?)

Chard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________
Yay! it's spring!
Old 20-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drobium View Post
looks to be either swiss chard or some sort of beet?
It's run to seed though so it's difficult to say.

I personally wouldn't eat it, as you really don't know what it is and what's been done with it (weedkiller or chemicals sprays?)

Chard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
also, there is a plantain growing next to it and a spurge/milkweed which is highly poisonous!
Yay! it's spring!