GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID this plant please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/198205-id-plant-please.html)

Higgs Boson 13-06-2011 04:15 AM

ID this plant please

What is this, and will it do OK in strong summer Western sun.

Also, how long will it be happy in its pot. So far, no roots
protruding from bottom hole.

TIA

HB

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 13-06-2011 08:00 AM

ID this plant please

Higgs Boson wrote:
What is this, and will it do OK in strong summer Western sun.

Also, how long will it be happy in its pot. So far, no roots
protruding from bottom hole.

TIA

HB

I pressed my forehead to the screen but didn't get an image.

Higgs Boson 17-06-2011 07:02 AM

ID this plant please

On Jun 13, 9:44*am, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Jun 13, 12:00*am, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Higgs Boson wrote:
What is this, and will it do OK in strong summer Western sun.

Also, how long will it be happy in its pot. *So far, no roots
protruding from bottom hole.

TIA

HB

I pressed my forehead to the screen but didn't get an image.

Well, you need to clean your screen more often! *VBG

Herewith image:

TIA

HB

So will someone other than Kay, who replied privately, give their
opinion on this plant?

Gracias in advance.

HB

Pat Kiewicz[_2_] 17-06-2011 12:27 PM

ID this plant please

Higgs Boson said:

Herewith image:

TIA

HB

So will someone other than Kay, who replied privately, give their
opinion on this plant?

Well, it looks vaguely familiar. I'm guessing it is one of the
arrowroots / Marantaceae.

Hmm. Or maybe a sickly variegated ginger?
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 17-06-2011 11:15 PM

ID this plant please

Pat Kiewicz wrote:
Higgs Boson said:

Herewith image:

TIA

HB

So will someone other than Kay, who replied privately, give their
opinion on this plant?

Well, it looks vaguely familiar. I'm guessing it is one of the
arrowroots / Marantaceae.

Hmm. Or maybe a sickly variegated ginger?

That's as far as I get, the habit looks very familiar but I am grasping for
a name.