Old 13-06-2011, 04:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default ID this plant please

What is this, and will it do OK in strong summer Western sun.

Also, how long will it be happy in its pot. So far, no roots
protruding from bottom hole.

TIA

HB
Old 13-06-2011, 08:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

Higgs Boson wrote:
What is this, and will it do OK in strong summer Western sun.

Also, how long will it be happy in its pot. So far, no roots
protruding from bottom hole.

TIA

HB

I pressed my forehead to the screen but didn't get an image.

Old 17-06-2011, 07:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jun 13, 9:44*am, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Jun 13, 12:00*am, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Higgs Boson wrote:
What is this, and will it do OK in strong summer Western sun.

Also, how long will it be happy in its pot. *So far, no roots
protruding from bottom hole.

TIA

HB

I pressed my forehead to the screen but didn't get an image.

Well, you need to clean your screen more often! *VBG

Herewith image:

TIA

HB

So will someone other than Kay, who replied privately, give their
opinion on this plant?

Gracias in advance.

HB
Old 17-06-2011, 12:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

Higgs Boson said:

Herewith image:

TIA

HB

So will someone other than Kay, who replied privately, give their
opinion on this plant?

Well, it looks vaguely familiar. I'm guessing it is one of the
arrowroots / Marantaceae.

Hmm. Or maybe a sickly variegated ginger?
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

Old 17-06-2011, 11:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Pat Kiewicz wrote:
Higgs Boson said:

Herewith image:

TIA

HB

So will someone other than Kay, who replied privately, give their
opinion on this plant?

Well, it looks vaguely familiar. I'm guessing it is one of the
arrowroots / Marantaceae.

Hmm. Or maybe a sickly variegated ginger?

That's as far as I get, the habit looks very familiar but I am grasping for
a name.