Old 29-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Registered User

Red face Help!!!

Hi, I am new to gardening so please excuse my ignorance!!....I have grown some veggies but in this pot I forgot to mark what was in it!!...I know there were some speedy salad seeds in there and I thought radish but I know they are not radish as I have them in another pot....any ideas??!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Help!!!-veggie2.jpg   Help!!!-veggie.jpg
Old 29-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler View Post
Hi, I am new to gardening so please excuse my ignorance!!....I have grown some veggies but in this pot I forgot to mark what was in it!!...I know there were some speedy salad seeds in there and I thought radish but I know they are not radish as I have them in another pot....any ideas??!!!
The leaves look as if they are from Kohl Rabi, which is very fast maturing.
They are definately not beet or radish.

If it is kohl rabi, you'll need to get them transplanted as soon as possible as it looks as if they are bolting to seed!!!
However the whole plant is edible so even if the vegtable stem/root doesn't come, then you can eat the leaves as you would for spinage or cabbage.

Kohlrabi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yay! it's spring!

[IMG] code is On

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM