GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   weeds in my garden. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/198673-weeds-my-garden.html)

kaykay 05-07-2011 12:15 PM

weeds in my garden.

My neighbour had beheaded this awful tree in her garden and the roots are taking revenge on my lawn. There are branches sprouting every where and when I try to did it up there are roots a mile long! (well... thats exaggerating a bit) What do I do? There are pits and farrows in my lawn where I am pulling these roots out every day over the last month, I mean every day!

Brooklyn1 05-07-2011 04:53 PM

weeds in my garden.

kaykay wrote:

My neighbour had beheaded this awful tree in her garden and the roots
are taking revenge on my lawn. There are branches sprouting every where
and when I try to did it up there are roots a mile long! (well... thats
exaggerating a bit) What do I do? There are pits and farrows in my lawn
where I am pulling these roots out every day over the last month, I mean
every day!

Douche her stump with defoliant.

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 06-07-2011 12:05 AM

weeds in my garden.

Brooklyn1 wrote:
kaykay wrote:

My neighbour had beheaded this awful tree in her garden and the roots
are taking revenge on my lawn. There are branches sprouting every
where and when I try to did it up there are roots a mile long!
(well... thats exaggerating a bit) What do I do? There are pits and
farrows in my lawn where I am pulling these roots out every day over
the last month, I mean every day!

Douche her stump with defoliant.

Sounds uncomfortable.

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 06-07-2011 12:12 AM

weeds in my garden.

kaykay wrote:
My neighbour had beheaded this awful tree in her garden and the roots
are taking revenge on my lawn. There are branches sprouting every
where and when I try to did it up there are roots a mile long!
(well... thats exaggerating a bit) What do I do? There are pits and
farrows in my lawn where I am pulling these roots out every day over
the last month, I mean every day!

There is no miracle cure TTBOMK that will stop the tree suckering without
harming it. Talk to your neighbour. You need to come to some arrangement
where the tree is removed without it starting world war III and preferably
not involving the law. Spraying herbicide on the roots/shoots on your side
could well kill the whole tree and without agreement that is a last resort
after negotiations have failed.

Higgs Boson 07-07-2011 05:41 PM

weeds in my garden.

On Jul 5, 4:12*pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
kaykay wrote:
My neighbour had beheaded this awful tree in her garden and the roots
are taking revenge on my lawn. There are branches sprouting every
where and when I try to did it up there are roots a mile long!
(well... thats exaggerating a bit) What do I do? There are pits and
farrows in my lawn where I am pulling these roots out every day over
the last month, I mean every day!

*There is no miracle cure TTBOMK that will stop the tree suckering without
harming it. *Talk to your neighbour. *You need to come to some arrangement
where the tree is removed without it starting world war III *and preferably
not involving the law. *Spraying herbicide on the roots/shoots on your side
could well kill the whole tree and without agreement that is a last resort
after negotiations have failed.

It took me a minute to figure out TTBOMK. There is also AFAIK.

HB