Old 05-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Registered User

Angry weeds in my garden.

My neighbour had beheaded this awful tree in her garden and the roots are taking revenge on my lawn. There are branches sprouting every where and when I try to did it up there are roots a mile long! (well... thats exaggerating a bit) What do I do? There are pits and farrows in my lawn where I am pulling these roots out every day over the last month, I mean every day!
Old 05-07-2011, 04:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default weeds in my garden.

kaykay wrote:

My neighbour had beheaded this awful tree in her garden and the roots
are taking revenge on my lawn. There are branches sprouting every where
and when I try to did it up there are roots a mile long! (well... thats
exaggerating a bit) What do I do? There are pits and farrows in my lawn
where I am pulling these roots out every day over the last month, I mean
every day!

Douche her stump with defoliant.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

Brooklyn1 wrote:
kaykay wrote:

My neighbour had beheaded this awful tree in her garden and the roots
are taking revenge on my lawn. There are branches sprouting every
where and when I try to did it up there are roots a mile long!
(well... thats exaggerating a bit) What do I do? There are pits and
farrows in my lawn where I am pulling these roots out every day over
the last month, I mean every day!

Douche her stump with defoliant.

Sounds uncomfortable.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

kaykay wrote:
My neighbour had beheaded this awful tree in her garden and the roots
are taking revenge on my lawn. There are branches sprouting every
where and when I try to did it up there are roots a mile long!
(well... thats exaggerating a bit) What do I do? There are pits and
farrows in my lawn where I am pulling these roots out every day over
the last month, I mean every day!

There is no miracle cure TTBOMK that will stop the tree suckering without
harming it. Talk to your neighbour. You need to come to some arrangement
where the tree is removed without it starting world war III and preferably
not involving the law. Spraying herbicide on the roots/shoots on your side
could well kill the whole tree and without agreement that is a last resort
after negotiations have failed.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jul 5, 4:12*pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
kaykay wrote:
My neighbour had beheaded this awful tree in her garden and the roots
are taking revenge on my lawn. There are branches sprouting every
where and when I try to did it up there are roots a mile long!
(well... thats exaggerating a bit) What do I do? There are pits and
farrows in my lawn where I am pulling these roots out every day over
the last month, I mean every day!

*There is no miracle cure TTBOMK that will stop the tree suckering without
harming it. *Talk to your neighbour. *You need to come to some arrangement
where the tree is removed without it starting world war III *and preferably
not involving the law. *Spraying herbicide on the roots/shoots on your side
could well kill the whole tree and without agreement that is a last resort
after negotiations have failed.

It took me a minute to figure out TTBOMK. There is also AFAIK.

HB