GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bird nest messing up roof (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/199134-bird-nest-messing-up-roof.html)

Moonman2 06-08-2011 07:21 PM

Bird nest messing up roof

I have a bird's nest in the facia of my house. I don't mind other than the fact that their droppings are making a bit of a mess on part of the roof.

I would like to get rid of the nest and want to be fair about it. Is there some way of warning the birds that I am going to remove their nest - an eviction notice so to speak?

Bestgardenarbor 07-08-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonman2 (Post 931482)
I have a bird's nest in the facia of my house. I don't mind other than the fact that their droppings are making a bit of a mess on part of the roof.

I would like to get rid of the nest and want to be fair about it. Is there some way of warning the birds that I am going to remove their nest - an eviction notice so to speak?

What kind of birds are they?

Moonman2 07-08-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bestgardenarbor (Post 931487)
What kind of birds are they?

housemartins