Old 01-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Vox Humana

Default same flowers different result!!

"tamara" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I put a nice flowers called (perennial, hardy mum, dendranthema

grandiflorum
(chrysanthemum)) in my garden. They were so nice last July-Aug
the flowers were so shinny and healthy. and I kept them in the gard and

they
tasted the Canadian winter. Now I just bough same flowers from Home Depo

and
the one I bought are green and small in a small pot. My question, why the
one I just bought are green and going to flower soon while the one I

bought
last year sill not green and look dead.
PS: in the label they said this "Rich masses of flowers in autumn. Use in
borders, pots for cutting.

This mum is hearty from zone 5a to 10a. You are most likley in a marginal
area. Even in my zone 6b garden, mums are not always reliable. My mums are
only a few inches high and my neighbors mums which are in a much sunnier
location are about 6 inchen high. You mum may indeed be dead. The new one
was most likely grown in a greenhouse and therefore is far ahead of plants
grown outdoors in your area. The perennials that Home Depot is selling in
my area are blooming while the same plants im my garden are weeks away from
blooming. I think plants that are in bloom are easier to sell. I am always
amazed that people will buy plants that are in full bloom. I think that is
the worst time to transplant them and in a few days they will be on the
decline anyway.