GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can anyone identify these plants please? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/199528-can-anyone-identify-these-plants-please.html)

sharone 29-08-2011 06:55 PM

Can anyone identify these plants please?

2 Attachment(s)
Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really appreciaite any comments
Thanks

Sharon

Boron Elgar[_2_] 29-08-2011 11:41 PM

Can anyone identify these plants please?

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:55:47 +0000, sharone
wrote:

Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden
when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have
long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really appreciaite any
comments
Thanks

Sharon

|Filename: purple tree (600x800).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14422|

This is a chenille plant, similar and related to this one to this:

http://www.hear.org/starr/images/ima...-9898&o=plants

Stewart Robert Hinsley 30-08-2011 10:46 AM

Can anyone identify these plants please?

In message , Boron Elgar
writes
wrote:

Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden
when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have
long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really appreciaite any
comments
Thanks

Sharon

|Filename: purple tree (600x800).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14422|

This is a chenille plant, similar and related to this one to this:

http://www.hear.org/starr/images/ima...-9898&o=plants

I think otherwise. It looks like Leycesteria formosa (pheasantberry) to
me. (To the best of my knowledge Acalypha isn't hardy in Britain. It's
not a tree either - admittedly it's stretching it to call Leycesteria a
tree rather than a shrub.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Stewart Robert Hinsley 30-08-2011 10:49 AM

Can anyone identify these plants please?

In message , sharone
writes

Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden
when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have
long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really appreciaite any
comments
Thanks

Sharon

Since the photographs are unfortunately not very clear it's hard to be
certain, but I think that they are

|Filename: purple tree (600x800).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14422|

Leycesteria formosa (pheasantberry)

|Filename: pink plant.jpeg (600x800).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14423|

Lychnis coronaria (rose campion)

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Boron Elgar[_2_] 30-08-2011 02:52 PM

Can anyone identify these plants please?

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:46:41 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

In message , Boron Elgar
writes
wrote:

Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden
when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have
long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really appreciaite any
comments
Thanks

Sharon

|Filename: purple tree (600x800).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14422|

This is a chenille plant, similar and related to this one to this:

http://www.hear.org/starr/images/ima...-9898&o=plants

I think otherwise. It looks like Leycesteria formosa (pheasantberry) to
me. (To the best of my knowledge Acalypha isn't hardy in Britain. It's
not a tree either - admittedly it's stretching it to call Leycesteria a
tree rather than a shrub.)

Indeed. So sorry. I had not realized the source.

Boron

Stewart Robert Hinsley 30-08-2011 04:47 PM

Can anyone identify these plants please?

In message , Boron Elgar
writes
On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:46:41 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

In message , Boron Elgar
writes
wrote:

Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden
when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have
long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really appreciaite any
comments
Thanks

Sharon

|Filename: purple tree (600x800).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14422|

This is a chenille plant, similar and related to this one to this:

http://www.hear.org/starr/images/ima...-9898&o=plants

I think otherwise. It looks like Leycesteria formosa (pheasantberry) to
me. (To the best of my knowledge Acalypha isn't hardy in Britain. It's
not a tree either - admittedly it's stretching it to call Leycesteria a
tree rather than a shrub.)

Indeed. So sorry. I had not realized the source.

The source wasn't specified (posting from gardenbanter.co.uk is
suggestive, but isn't definitive); however the description as a tree I
think does eliminate Acalypha.

Boron

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Monikacis 05-09-2011 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharone (Post 934574)
Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really appreciaite any comments
Thanks

Sharon

I don't know about this plants but they are looking good.

BrianLee 08-09-2011 07:14 PM

The second one seems like a impatien plant with pink color flowers. Can't say any thing about the first one.