Old 29-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered User

Default Can anyone identify these plants please?

Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really appreciaite any comments
Thanks

Sharon
Attached Thumbnails
Can anyone identify these plants please?-purple-tree-600x800-.jpg   Can anyone identify these plants please?-pink-plant.jpeg-600x800-.jpg
Old 29-08-2011, 11:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:55:47 +0000, sharone
wrote:

Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden
when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have
long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really appreciaite any
comments
Thanks

Sharon

|Filename: purple tree (600x800).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14422|

This is a chenille plant, similar and related to this one to this:

http://www.hear.org/starr/images/ima...-9898&o=plants

Old 30-08-2011, 10:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

In message , Boron Elgar
writes
wrote:

Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden
when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have
long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really appreciaite any
comments
Thanks

Sharon

|Filename: purple tree (600x800).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14422|

This is a chenille plant, similar and related to this one to this:

http://www.hear.org/starr/images/ima...-9898&o=plants

I think otherwise. It looks like Leycesteria formosa (pheasantberry) to
me. (To the best of my knowledge Acalypha isn't hardy in Britain. It's
not a tree either - admittedly it's stretching it to call Leycesteria a
tree rather than a shrub.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 30-08-2011, 10:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

In message , sharone
writes

Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden
when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have
long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really appreciaite any
comments
Thanks

Sharon

Since the photographs are unfortunately not very clear it's hard to be
certain, but I think that they are

|Filename: purple tree (600x800).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14422|

Leycesteria formosa (pheasantberry)

|Filename: pink plant.jpeg (600x800).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14423|

Lychnis coronaria (rose campion)

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 30-08-2011, 02:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:46:41 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

In message , Boron Elgar
writes
wrote:

Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden
when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have
long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really appreciaite any
comments
Thanks

Sharon

|Filename: purple tree (600x800).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14422|

This is a chenille plant, similar and related to this one to this:

http://www.hear.org/starr/images/ima...-9898&o=plants

I think otherwise. It looks like Leycesteria formosa (pheasantberry) to
me. (To the best of my knowledge Acalypha isn't hardy in Britain. It's
not a tree either - admittedly it's stretching it to call Leycesteria a
tree rather than a shrub.)

Indeed. So sorry. I had not realized the source.

Boron

Old 30-08-2011, 04:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

In message , Boron Elgar
writes
On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:46:41 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

In message , Boron Elgar
writes
wrote:

Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden
when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have
long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really appreciaite any
comments
Thanks

Sharon

|Filename: purple tree (600x800).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14422|

This is a chenille plant, similar and related to this one to this:

http://www.hear.org/starr/images/ima...-9898&o=plants

I think otherwise. It looks like Leycesteria formosa (pheasantberry) to
me. (To the best of my knowledge Acalypha isn't hardy in Britain. It's
not a tree either - admittedly it's stretching it to call Leycesteria a
tree rather than a shrub.)

Indeed. So sorry. I had not realized the source.

The source wasn't specified (posting from gardenbanter.co.uk is
suggestive, but isn't definitive); however the description as a tree I
think does eliminate Acalypha.

Boron

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 05-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Registered User

Location: India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharone View Post
Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really appreciaite any comments
Thanks

Sharon
I don't know about this plants but they are looking good.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Registered User

Location: California, United States of America

The second one seems like a impatien plant with pink color flowers. Can't say any thing about the first one.