GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Office plant - ailing? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/199729-office-plant-ailing.html)

Higgs Boson 16-09-2011 08:59 PM

Office plant - ailing?

This plant gets sun, air, water and food, so why does it look so
crummy? Does it need to be cut back, or?

Also anybody know its name?

http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

TIA

HB

Bill who putters 16-09-2011 09:55 PM

Office plant - ailing?

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

This plant gets sun, air, water and food, so why does it look so
crummy? Does it need to be cut back, or?

Also anybody know its name?

http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

TIA

HB

Possibility pot bound along with poor drainage.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://www.wordnik.com/

Peppermint Patootie 16-09-2011 11:27 PM

Office plant - ailing?

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

This plant gets sun, air, water and food, so why does it look so
crummy? Does it need to be cut back, or?

Also anybody know its name?

http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

TIA

HB

Possibility pot bound along with poor drainage.

That seems likely to me. I can imagine poking my finger in the soil and
finding a marsh.

Plants are also not uniform in how MUCH sun, air, water, and food they
require to remain healthy.

PP
- Chris Malcolm

Higgs Boson 17-09-2011 01:01 AM

Office plant - ailing?

On Sep 16, 1:55*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
In article
,
*Higgs Boson wrote:

This plant gets sun, air, water and food, so why does it look so
crummy? *Does it need to be cut back, or?

Also anybody know its name?

http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

TIA

HB

* Possibility pot bound along with poor drainage.

--
Bill *S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://www.wordnik.com/

Nah. I always check underneath for pot-bound-ness. Drainage is
fine. Nothing seems out of order, so why is it so, so...weedy?

BTW: Does anybody know the name of the plant?

HB

Higgs Boson 17-09-2011 10:50 PM

Office plant - ailing?

*Higgs Boson wrote:

This plant gets sun, air, water and food, so why does it look so
crummy? *Does it need to be cut back, or?

Also anybody know its name?

http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

TIA

HB

* Possibility pot bound along with poor drainage.

--
Bill *S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://www.wordnik.com/

Nah. *I always check underneath for pot-bound-ness. *Drainage is
fine. *Nothing seems out of order, so why is it so, so...weedy?

BTW: *Does anybody know the name of the plant?

HB

Sigh! I wish somebody would ID this plant...

HB

Nelly 17-09-2011 11:16 PM

Office plant - ailing?

Higgs Boson wrote:

This plant gets sun, air, water and food, so why does it look so
crummy? Does it need to be cut back, or?

Also anybody know its name?

http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

TIA

HB

Possibility pot bound along with poor drainage.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://www.wordnik.com/

Nah. I always check underneath for pot-bound-ness. Drainage is
fine. Nothing seems out of order, so why is it so, so...weedy?

BTW: Does anybody know the name of the plant?

HB

Sigh! I wish somebody would ID this plant...

HB
=====

Looks like a Nematanthus to me.

[email protected] 17-09-2011 11:33 PM

Office plant - ailing?

Higgs Boson writes:

On Sep 16, 5:01Â*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Sep 16, 1:55Â*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

Sigh! I wish somebody would ID this plant...

No can do.

It looks woody. A bush or tree?

Perhaps with better pictures?
Closeups on the leaf arrangement.
A closeup of a leaf.
Does it ever flower?

--
Dan Espen

Nelly 18-09-2011 01:59 PM

Office plant - ailing?

http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

Looks like a Nematanthus to me.
=====

Or, possibly Columnea. But whatever it is, if you're fertilizing it, you
should stop now. This is much what my Nematanthus looked like after planting
it in a mix with too much tri-phos.