Old 16-09-2011, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Office plant - ailing?

This plant gets sun, air, water and food, so why does it look so
crummy? Does it need to be cut back, or?

Also anybody know its name?

http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

TIA

HB
Old 16-09-2011, 09:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

This plant gets sun, air, water and food, so why does it look so
crummy? Does it need to be cut back, or?

Also anybody know its name?

http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

TIA

HB

Possibility pot bound along with poor drainage.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://www.wordnik.com/

Old 16-09-2011, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

This plant gets sun, air, water and food, so why does it look so
crummy? Does it need to be cut back, or?

Also anybody know its name?

http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

TIA

HB

Possibility pot bound along with poor drainage.

That seems likely to me. I can imagine poking my finger in the soil and
finding a marsh.

Plants are also not uniform in how MUCH sun, air, water, and food they
require to remain healthy.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Old 17-09-2011, 01:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Sep 16, 1:55*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
In article
,
*Higgs Boson wrote:

This plant gets sun, air, water and food, so why does it look so
crummy? *Does it need to be cut back, or?

Also anybody know its name?

http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

TIA

HB

* Possibility pot bound along with poor drainage.

--
Bill *S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://www.wordnik.com/

Nah. I always check underneath for pot-bound-ness. Drainage is
fine. Nothing seems out of order, so why is it so, so...weedy?

BTW: Does anybody know the name of the plant?

HB
Old 17-09-2011, 10:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

*Higgs Boson wrote:

This plant gets sun, air, water and food, so why does it look so
crummy? *Does it need to be cut back, or?

Also anybody know its name?

http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

TIA

HB

* Possibility pot bound along with poor drainage.

--
Bill *S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://www.wordnik.com/

Nah. *I always check underneath for pot-bound-ness. *Drainage is
fine. *Nothing seems out of order, so why is it so, so...weedy?

BTW: *Does anybody know the name of the plant?

HB

Sigh! I wish somebody would ID this plant...

HB

Old 17-09-2011, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

Higgs Boson wrote:

This plant gets sun, air, water and food, so why does it look so
crummy? Does it need to be cut back, or?

Also anybody know its name?

http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

TIA

HB

Possibility pot bound along with poor drainage.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://www.wordnik.com/

Nah. I always check underneath for pot-bound-ness. Drainage is
fine. Nothing seems out of order, so why is it so, so...weedy?

BTW: Does anybody know the name of the plant?

HB

Sigh! I wish somebody would ID this plant...

HB
=====

Looks like a Nematanthus to me.

Old 17-09-2011, 11:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

Higgs Boson writes:

On Sep 16, 5:01Â*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Sep 16, 1:55Â*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

Sigh! I wish somebody would ID this plant...

No can do.

It looks woody. A bush or tree?

Perhaps with better pictures?
Closeups on the leaf arrangement.
A closeup of a leaf.
Does it ever flower?

--
Dan Espen
Old 18-09-2011, 01:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7

Looks like a Nematanthus to me.
=====

Or, possibly Columnea. But whatever it is, if you're fertilizing it, you
should stop now. This is much what my Nematanthus looked like after planting
it in a mix with too much tri-phos.

[IMG] code is On

Ailing vanda sansai blue Geir Harris Hedemark Orchids 9 20-02-2004 11:43 PM
[IBC] Possibly Ailing Miniature Bamboo sam crowell Bonsai 4 21-11-2003 02:12 PM
Ailing Croton Trevor Gardening 1 27-07-2003 07:22 AM
Ailing Rosemary Officianis RichardS United Kingdom 13 26-03-2003 11:08 AM
Ailing Phalaenopsis Allan Risk Orchids 6 04-02-2003 09:38 PM