GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My wife (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/202508-my-wife.html)

poisonedmonkey 05-03-2012 01:46 AM

My wife

Bless her she doesn't now the first thing about gardening.

It would be a start if she'd get her blinking "roots" done though.

Maybe then i'd give her a good "stemming".

Sorry readers i couldn't resist......it's just my bad attempt at humour.

Anyroad.....who can tell me some interesting facts about laying B&Q turf?

Thanks in advance.

Seeds of Love 05-03-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poisonedmonkey (Post 952676)
Bless her she doesn't now the first thing about gardening.

Anyroad.....who can tell me some interesting facts about laying B&Q turf?

Thanks in advance.

B & Q turf is reversable, so you get a choice of a green or a brown lawn.

Maybe you could post a picture of your lawn when it's finished, maybe with your lovely wife sunbathing on it would be good.

Happy gardening!

AlansMarshTits 05-03-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeds of Love (Post 952677)
B & Q turf is reversable, so you get a choice of a green or a brown lawn.

Maybe you could post a picture of your lawn when it's finished, maybe with your lovely wife sunbathing on it would be good.

Happy gardening!

I bought some of that stuff and must say was dissapointed with the brown.
..so much so I went out and bought some lawn paint and painted the brown green. Looks much better now :)

Wine Delilah 05-03-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlansMarshTits (Post 952690)
I bought some of that stuff and must say was dissapointed with the brown.
..so much so I went out and bought some lawn paint and painted the brown green. Looks much better now :)

Honestly, you Guy's!!, everyone knows Astro Turf is the way to go..it also means that your lawn can double as a sports field...just add floodlights and you're good to go...
Unfortunately floodlights are expensive so I am currently making do with street lamps which I have to say somewhat lessens the overall effect (and visibility)...

*I got the idea from a film with Kevin Costner in called Field of Dreams...
"Build it and he will come"...

WD

Seeds of Love 05-03-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wine Delilah (Post 952694)
Honestly, you Guy's!!, everyone knows Astro Turf is the way to go..it also means that your lawn can double as a sports field...just add floodlights and you're good to go...
Unfortunately floodlights are expensive so I am currently making do with street lamps which I have to say somewhat lessens the overall effect (and visibility)...

*I got the idea from a film with Kevin Costner in called Field of Dreams...
"Build it and he will come"...

WD

I'd love to see a photo of your astro-turf, maybe a picture of you sunbathing on the astro-turf would be good.

P.s wanna check out my shed?