GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/202575-plant-identification.html)

Andy Carroll 11-03-2012 08:36 AM

Plant identification

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, i want to buy the attached shrub but i do not know its name, can anyone help me identify it?

Thanks Andy

"always look on the bright side of life"

Jeff Layman[_2_] 11-03-2012 09:48 AM

Plant identification

On 11/03/2012 08:36, Andy Carroll wrote:
Hello, i want to buy the attached shrub but i do not know its name, can
anyone help me identify it?

Thanks Andy

"always look on the bright side of life"

|Filename: 005.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14785|

Looks like it could be a Viburnum, but without a close-up of the flowers
and leaves it is difficult to say which one.

--

Jeff

Brooklyn1 11-03-2012 02:23 PM

Plant identification

? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pieris_japonica ?

Andy Carroll 11-03-2012 04:36 PM

Thanks Jeff i'll post a close up of the flower and see if it helps

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+[/i][/color]

Looks like it could be a Viburnum, but without a close-up of the flowers
and leaves it is difficult to say which one.

--

Jeff[/quote]

Andy Carroll 11-03-2012 04:47 PM

thanks to you both for your replies I think is VIBURNUM tinus Eve.

Hi Ho Hi Ho is off to the garden centre i go.......

Cheers!

Stewart Robert Hinsley 12-03-2012 08:36 AM

Plant identification

In message , Brooklyn1
writes
wrote:

On 11/03/2012 08:36, Andy Carroll wrote:
Hello, i want to buy the attached shrub but i do not know its name, can
anyone help me identify it?

Thanks Andy

"always look on the bright side of life"

|Filename: 005.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14785|

Looks like it could be a Viburnum, but without a close-up of the flowers
and leaves it is difficult to say which one.

? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pieris_japonica ?

Certainly not Pieris japonica - the structure of the inflorescences is
different.

If we assume that it is not something rare, and that it is a Viburnum
and not some alternative that has escaped my attention, then I'd suggest
Viburnum tinus 'Eve Price'.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley