Old 11-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Registered User

Location: Queensbury
Smile Plant identification

Hello, i want to buy the attached shrub but i do not know its name, can anyone help me identify it?

Thanks Andy

"always look on the bright side of life"
Attached Thumbnails
Plant identification-005.jpg
Old 11-03-2012, 09:48 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Plant identification

On 11/03/2012 08:36, Andy Carroll wrote:
Hello, i want to buy the attached shrub but i do not know its name, can
anyone help me identify it?

Thanks Andy

"always look on the bright side of life"

|Filename: 005.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14785|

Looks like it could be a Viburnum, but without a close-up of the flowers
and leaves it is difficult to say which one.

--

Jeff
Old 11-03-2012, 02:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pieris_japonica ?
Old 11-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Registered User

Location: Queensbury

Thanks Jeff i'll post a close up of the flower and see if it helps

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+[/i][/color]

Looks like it could be a Viburnum, but without a close-up of the flowers
and leaves it is difficult to say which one.

--

Jeff[/quote]
Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered User

Location: Queensbury

thanks to you both for your replies I think is VIBURNUM tinus Eve.

Hi Ho Hi Ho is off to the garden centre i go.......

Cheers!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

In message , Brooklyn1
writes
wrote:

On 11/03/2012 08:36, Andy Carroll wrote:
Hello, i want to buy the attached shrub but i do not know its name, can
anyone help me identify it?

Thanks Andy

"always look on the bright side of life"

|Filename: 005.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14785|

Looks like it could be a Viburnum, but without a close-up of the flowers
and leaves it is difficult to say which one.

? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pieris_japonica ?

Certainly not Pieris japonica - the structure of the inflorescences is
different.

If we assume that it is not something rare, and that it is a Viburnum
and not some alternative that has escaped my attention, then I'd suggest
Viburnum tinus 'Eve Price'.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley