Old 27-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Registered User

Default Is it easy to take care of an indoor potted plant?

My friend just got promoted and I wanted to get her one of those really small potted plants (I saw some at Price Chopper). I don't want anything that's hard to take care of. I just want to give her something that will possibly help her decorate a cubicle. Do you think it's a good idea? Or do potted plants require too much care?

Thanks!
Old 28-05-2012, 12:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

jemshko.gardenbanana wrote:

My friend just got promoted and I wanted to get her one of those really
small potted plants.

A really small potted plant sure ain't gonna get you into her pants...
can I also assume it wasn't much of a promotion... nor is she much of
a friend.
Old 28-05-2012, 12:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 5/27/12 1:53 PM, jemshko wrote:
My friend just got promoted and I wanted to get her one of those really
small potted plants (I saw some at Price Chopper). I don't want anything
that's hard to take care of. I just want to give her something that will
possibly help her decorate a cubicle. Do you think it's a good idea? Or
do potted plants require too much care?

Thanks!

It depends upon the plant. I would suggest Sansevieria or Aspidistra.
Sansevieria is commonly known as "mother-in-law's tongue' because of its
persistance. Aspidistra is commonly known as "cast-iron plant" because
of its durability. Both will do well as indoor plants where the light
is poor.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 29-05-2012, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

jemshko.gardenbanana wrote:

My friend just got promoted and I wanted to get her one of those really
small potted plants.

A really small potted plant sure ain't gonna get you into her pants...
can I also assume it wasn't much of a promotion... nor is she much of
a friend.

You're an idiot.

~~~~~~~~~