Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2012, 12:40 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Good perennial for indoors and later outdoors?

We live in the Denver area and have a 4' dual T8 tube light over a shelf in
the living room, which I use for sprouting seeds in peat pots in the spring.

But the light is kind of minimal for growing anything on a long term basis. I
don't know if it's the spectrum of the tubes in there, or whether T8 tubes
just don't put out that much light. ( doesn't anyone make "Gro Lite" spectrum
tubes anymore? )

But I was wondering if there was some kind of perennial that I could sprout
from seed, or get from a nursery, that would green up the room from fall to
spring, and then I could plant outside? Maybe I could do a row of them under
that light. But the would have to be something that could survive from
September to around late May, without a whole lot of light.

Anything green and perhaps pretty, for this?

Suggestions?