GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wet summer pics (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/206471-wet-summer-pics.html)

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 27-02-2013 10:35 PM

Wet summer pics

These are of the garden, the floods and some wildlife.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/.../Wet%20summer/

David

songbird[_2_] 01-03-2013 10:13 PM

Wet summer pics

David Hare-Scott wrote:
These are of the garden, the floods and some wildlife.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/.../Wet%20summer/

the flood refuge and veggie garden pictures
were fun to look at. reminded me of last
August.

will you be doing any landscaping changes
to deal with future heavy rains?

songbird

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 01-03-2013 10:19 PM

Wet summer pics

songbird wrote:
David Hare-Scott wrote:
These are of the garden, the floods and some wildlife.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/.../Wet%20summer/

the flood refuge and veggie garden pictures
were fun to look at. reminded me of last
August.

will you be doing any landscaping changes
to deal with future heavy rains?

songbird

This is not really practical, the vege garden is on a slope well above flood
level, what you saw was surface water running through it. Short of building
a levee on the high side there isn't much I can do.

As of this morning we have the second flood in a week.

songbird[_2_] 03-03-2013 01:34 AM

Wet summer pics

David Hare-Scott wrote:
songbird wrote:

will you be doing any landscaping changes
to deal with future heavy rains?

This is not really practical, the vege garden is on a slope well above flood
level, what you saw was surface water running through it. Short of building
a levee on the high side there isn't much I can do.

As of this morning we have the second flood in a week.

i hope the veggies come through it ok.

songbird

sgmgarden 13-03-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] (Post 978838)
These are of the garden, the floods and some wildlife.

Wet Summer Photos by HareScott | Photobucket

David

Wow beautiful pics, did you take these yourself? Must have a pretty nice camera under your belt?

Thanks for sharing :)

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 14-03-2013 02:23 AM

Wet summer pics

sgmgarden wrote:
'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:
;978838']These are of the garden, the floods and some wildlife.

'Wet Summer Photos by HareScott | Photobucket'
(http://tinyurl.com/cuwp2dl)

David

Wow beautiful pics, did you take these yourself?

yes, all the stuff under my name on photobucket is mine

Must have a pretty
nice camera under your belt?

Thanks for sharing :)

Not really it's a cheapo.

David

sgmgarden 15-03-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'David Hare-Scott[_2_
yes, all the stuff under my name on photobucket is mine

Must have a pretty
nice camera under your belt?

Not really it's a cheapo.

David

Cool nice work. Must just be good photography then!