Old 04-03-2013, 06:32 AM
thomaspoul's Avatar
Registered User

Location: USA
Default new pipaya plant.

I am planning to plant some papaya trees....please tell me the manure for plants....or procedure.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default new papaya plant.

On 3/3/13 10:32 PM, thomaspoul wrote:
I am planning to plant some papaya trees....please tell me the manure
for plants....or procedure.

Are you sure you want to do this?

The papaya commonly seen as a fruit (Carica papaya) is a tropical plant.
It can grow to 25 ft, so your greenhouse should be about 30 ft tall.
It is usually dioecious, which means there are male plants and female
plants; both are required if fruit is desired.

The plants need excellent drainage. Cold, wet soil will kill them.
They should get regular feeding and watering in warm weather.

The female plants bear fruit at an early age. Per Sunset's "Western
Garden Book":
To get most fruit, don't grow papaya as a permanent plant; keep a few
plants coming along each year, and destroy old ones.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 09-03-2013, 06:18 AM
thomaspoul's Avatar
Registered User

Location: USA

ya infarct i planted it...and found good result.
Old 13-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Registered User

Papaya plants must be properly watered according to instructions; otherwise, too much water can lead to root rot. This condition quickly kills the papaya fruit because of the lack of drainage at the planting site. Poor water drainage cuts off oxygen to the plant and it also causes fungi to form, causing more damage to the papaya. One way to avoid root rot disease would be to plant papaya seeds in raised planting beds or in garden spaces with better water drainage. Hope that is of help. Good luck.