Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Registered User

Default Dead Wood on trees - removing?

We recently moved into a house in London, UK, that has the trees pictured growing at the edge of the garden. On the side facing the garden, the trees are covered with what I think (but I'm not certain) are small dead branches. We'd quite like to remove them as they look unsightly, but are unsure whether this is advisable or how to do it?

Can anyone confirm from the pictures what the apparent dead wood is and whether it can be removed (and if so, how) without causing harm to the trees? The wood is quite dry to the touch. It seems to be fairly tangled and attached to the trees which I'm guessing makes trying to pull it down (eg. with a rake) unfeasible.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	010.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	15511   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	15512