GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   monkey puzzle tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/207937-monkey-puzzle-tree.html)

bloodnut 31-07-2013 03:16 PM

monkey puzzle tree

Hi i have a monkey puzzle tree in front garden about 25 foot tall,
believe it is a female as it has round seed cones on it.
Today i have noticed a glue like substance on ends of some branches and some are going brown.Please could anyone tell me what to do would hate to lose my tree i love it.Thank you ..

echinosum 06-08-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodnut (Post 988813)
Hi i have a monkey puzzle tree in front garden about 25 foot tall,
believe it is a female as it has round seed cones on it.
Today i have noticed a glue like substance on ends of some branches and some are going brown.Please could anyone tell me what to do would hate to lose my tree i love it.Thank you ..

Monkey puzzle trees naturally shed their lower branches as they mature. It signals a major change in the shape of your tree.