GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   poblano to ancho question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/208512-re-poblano-ancho-question.html)

Billy[_10_] 10-10-2013 10:26 PM

poblano to ancho question

In article , Todd
wrote:

Hi All,

Do Poblano chilies turn red (Ancho) on the vine,
or do you have to pick them first?

If you leave them on the vine to turn red, how long
does it typically take? Three weeks?

Many thanks,
-T

I have a couple that have been hanging for 2 months, and are still
green. When I buy them dried at the local" Super Mercado", they look
black. The color in my chili is strictly tomatoes.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg

Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.

brooklyn1 11-10-2013 02:26 PM

poblano to ancho question

Todd rote:

Do Poblano chilies turn red (Ancho) on the vine,
or do you have to pick them first?

If you leave them on the vine to turn red, how long
does it typically take?

Pablanos turn from green to brown (ancho) with a maroon hue.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poblano
http://culinaryarts.about.com/od/glossary/g/Ancho.htm