Old 16-02-2014, 04:15 PM
mastiff87's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Devon
Unhappy Dracaena marginata, in a sticky situation.

Hello all, I am new on here my Madagascar Dragon Tree is the only I plant I have and am quite fond of it I have very little knowledge of plants. I have had it approx 2 years during which it has happily always been in the same spot and was re-potted last year.

Last month I was on holiday for a couple of weeks I had a dog sitter look after my dogs and unfortunately took it upon himself to drown my poor tree!!! I returned to happy dogs but a very very unhappy tree, the soil was absolutely sodden and had been sat in a lot of water for more than likely the entire 2 weeks I was away!!! The leaves went very droopy, also a lot of them went yellow and lost a few I obviously didn't water it again until I felt the soil was dry enough to, it seemed to be recuperating the yellowing had stopped and it wasn't as droopy, BUT then a new issue has happened the tips of near enough all the leaves are now turning brown and odd brown spots have appeared on some of the leaves and today I discovered nasty red looking sap underneath a few of the leaves tips.

I have attached some photos hope these help.

Please could someone kindly advise, would be gratefully appreciated

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Dracaena marginata, in a sticky situation.-dsc00616.jpg   Dracaena marginata, in a sticky situation.-dsc00617.jpg   Dracaena marginata, in a sticky situation.-dsc00620.jpg
Old 22-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Registered User

Hello and welcome to garden banter.
I'm wondering if your plant might have fusirium wilt problem. Its well worth googling to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastiff87 View Post