Old 01-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Registered User

Default A little help with flowering annuals please

Hello All,

I'm new to flower gardenning but am hoping this summer to create some colour in my garden using flowering annuals.I have at present some seeds Wallflower, Marigold,Snap dragons which I wish to direct plant in the Garden the site will be up against a South facing wall that has done really well in the past with Sweat peas (about the limit of my flower Gardenning) when should I plant these and what should I do if anything to prepare the soil ? I would also like some trailing flowers to hang from the treliss in the pictures and have a container (in the pictures) which I would like to plant some plants the sides and the top, I was going to plant strawberrys in this and do a layer of soil then an old container another layer of soil and so on so that I could water from the top and the containers would retain some of the moisture for the plants at the top is this a good Idea ? Any sugestions on plants I could use. I would like to focus on fairly cheap/common easy to grow plants.
Thanks everyone here are a few pictures of the site and my container which stands about three foot high.

Thanks everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
A little help with flowering annuals please-tub.jpg   A little help with flowering annuals please-garden.jpg
Old 02-03-2014, 07:52 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 3/1/2014 7:12 AM, KILLERPARSNIP wrote:

[...]

|Filename: TUB.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15942|
|Filename: GARDEN.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15943|

Where I live, snapdragons are a winter flower. Planted in late October,
they ignore the light nighttime frosts but they cannot survive our
summer heat.

Perhaps you should tell us about your climate and general location.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 02-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Registered User

Hello David,
I hadn't realised that this site was international as it has the co.uk address maybe it's not really suited to my purpose.As I was looking for a UK only site.

Many thanks anyway.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

KILLERPARSNIP writes:

Hello David,
I hadn't realised that this site was international as it has the co.uk
address maybe it's not really suited to my purpose.As I was looking for
a UK only site.

Garden Banter forwards all it's posts to Usenet where your posts
are read by a MUCH larger audience.

I'm not from England, but I still think you need to post more info.
Doesn't England have a pretty wide range of climate, soil type,
shade conditions?

--
Dan Espen