Old 30-04-2014, 07:29 AM
Registered User

Default Palm Feeding

I`ve just got hold of a Windmill Palm and was wondering what feed to use.
I have been reading many articles regarding feed from using a high nitrogen feed to manure.

Any advice would be grateful, thanks.
Old 30-04-2014, 07:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 4/29/2014 11:29 PM, Coops666 wrote:
I`ve just got hold of a Windmill Palm and was wondering what feed to
use.
I have been reading many articles regarding feed from using a high
nitrogen feed to manure.

Any advice would be grateful, thanks.

Is the palm planted in the ground or in a large pot?

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 01-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David E. Ross[_2_] View Post
On 4/29/2014 11:29 PM, Coops666 wrote:
I`ve just got hold of a Windmill Palm and was wondering what feed to
use.
I have been reading many articles regarding feed from using a high
nitrogen feed to manure.

Any advice would be grateful, thanks.

Is the palm planted in the ground or in a large pot?

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
My Climate
Gardening diary at David Ross's Garden Diary -- Current

Planted in the ground
Old 02-05-2014, 02:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 5/1/2014 1:44 AM, Coops666 wrote:
'David E. Ross[_2_ Wrote:
;1001479']On 4/29/2014 11:29 PM, Coops666 wrote:-
I`ve just got hold of a Windmill Palm and was wondering what feed to
use.
I have been reading many articles regarding feed from using a high
nitrogen feed to manure.

Any advice would be grateful, thanks.-

Is the palm planted in the ground or in a large pot?

Planted in the ground

Wait until you are sure the palm is indeed established. If you feed it
too soon, you might burn bruised roots.

I believe I have seen special palm fertilizer in some stores. I have a
potted palm that I feed with the same house-brand 27-0-6 lawn food that
I use on most of my garden. Since it is in a pot with constrained
roots, I feed it very, very lightly 2-3 times a year. In the ground,
you can feed your palm more generously once a year (late spring) if you
spread the fertilizer in a solid circle that extends 2-3 feet from the
base of the trunk.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

[IMG] code is On

Palm Tree ID + little palm? mgunnill United Kingdom 6 15-06-2010 11:03 AM
Supply Sago Palm (Cycas revolute), Finger Palm (Rhapis ,Windmill palm (Trachycarpus garrytsen Marketplace 0 24-08-2005 01:11 AM
When to start feeding? Bob Ponds 18 18-03-2003 05:20 PM
staghorn ferns, feeding? mcameron, bill Gardening 4 06-03-2003 05:15 PM
Feeding Frogs Rupert Ponds 1 30-01-2003 05:20 AM