GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   It's not just me! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/210373-its-not-just-me.html)

Higgs Boson 01-08-2014 08:05 PM

It's not just me!

All around me have had a similarly miserable veg. season. Even my dear gardener (who mows one week and does special jobs the alternate week) says HE had lousy luck. Like mine, his corn cobs were only about 1/4 filled.

Along with the *&&$#%&*tomato prob, I got ONE tiny melon (new variety) out of the two plants. Etc.

Not just venting: would like to know if anyone in similar climate (Mediterranean) or even dissimilar, had as lousy a year?

HB

Todd[_2_] 01-08-2014 11:07 PM

It's not just me!

On 08/01/2014 12:05 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
All around me have had a similarly miserable veg. season. Even my dear gardener (who mows one week and does special jobs the alternate week) says HE had lousy luck. Like mine, his corn cobs were only about 1/4 filled.

Along with the *&&$#%&*tomato prob, I got ONE tiny melon (new variety) out of the two plants. Etc.

Not just venting: would like to know if anyone in similar climate (Mediterranean) or even dissimilar, had as lousy a year?

HB

Hi Higgs,

Maybe you picked up my black thumb. Yes it is all ...
Wait? It is all what? Why am I writing this? Oh crap:
I forgot again. I hate it why that happens. Did I just say
a bad word, again? Is Clark still in the Navy?

:-)

-T

Try drenching a few of your tomato plants an see
what happens. A few years ago, I was also told
about the low water thing and got no fruit either.
But remember, I have a black thumb.

And talk nicely to them. They have thin skins. Try
"You are my favorite!" Don't worry, they won't compare
notes.

David E. Ross[_2_] 02-08-2014 01:28 AM

It's not just me!

On 8/1/2014 12:05 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
All around me have had a similarly miserable veg. season. Even my dear gardener (who mows one week and does special jobs the alternate week) says HE had lousy luck. Like mine, his corn cobs were only about 1/4 filled.

Along with the *&&$#%&*tomato prob, I got ONE tiny melon (new variety) out of the two plants. Etc.

Not just venting: would like to know if anyone in similar climate (Mediterranean) or even dissimilar, had as lousy a year?

HB

Only two peaches on my 'Santa Barabar' tree. Grapes were few, too. I
think my artichoke croaked, but I'll have to wait until October or
November to be sure.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

Diaguard® 04-08-2014 04:50 PM

Pests on crops or gardens?

We offer a natural solution to control pests! 100% effective!

Diaguard® Natural Insect Control (Diatomaceous Earth)

Order online at Amazon.co.uk: Low Prices in Electronics, Books, Sports Equipment & more or contact us by phone at (+44) 01865 339 580 or email at .

Diaguard® is a freshwater, "Food Grade", white diatomaceous earth. It has a very high silica content which enables it to literally cut through insects waxy outer layer. Diaguard® has unique characteristics which make it ideal for use as an inert, environmentally safe, non-harmful insecticide.

CAUTION! "Non-Codex" or “Non -Food Grade” DE can and often do contain high levels of heavy metals and crystalline silicas, both of which are unsafe for animal or human consumption.

When using Diaguard®, our clients reduce significantly their costs in the treatment of pests compared to traditional chemical insecticides.
Diaguard® Natural Insect Control is approved for use in organic systems and is certified by the Organic Farmers and Growers.

Order online at
Amazon.co.uk: Low Prices in Electronics, Books, Sports Equipment & more or contact us by phone at (+44) 01865 339 580 or email at .

For more information visit:
JJS Minerals