Old 01-08-2014, 08:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default It's not just me!

All around me have had a similarly miserable veg. season. Even my dear gardener (who mows one week and does special jobs the alternate week) says HE had lousy luck. Like mine, his corn cobs were only about 1/4 filled.

Along with the *&&$#%&*tomato prob, I got ONE tiny melon (new variety) out of the two plants. Etc.

Not just venting: would like to know if anyone in similar climate (Mediterranean) or even dissimilar, had as lousy a year?

HB
Old 01-08-2014, 11:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 08/01/2014 12:05 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
All around me have had a similarly miserable veg. season. Even my dear gardener (who mows one week and does special jobs the alternate week) says HE had lousy luck. Like mine, his corn cobs were only about 1/4 filled.

Along with the *&&$#%&*tomato prob, I got ONE tiny melon (new variety) out of the two plants. Etc.

Not just venting: would like to know if anyone in similar climate (Mediterranean) or even dissimilar, had as lousy a year?

HB

Hi Higgs,

Maybe you picked up my black thumb. Yes it is all ...
Wait? It is all what? Why am I writing this? Oh crap:
I forgot again. I hate it why that happens. Did I just say
a bad word, again? Is Clark still in the Navy?

:-)

-T

Try drenching a few of your tomato plants an see
what happens. A few years ago, I was also told
about the low water thing and got no fruit either.
But remember, I have a black thumb.

And talk nicely to them. They have thin skins. Try
"You are my favorite!" Don't worry, they won't compare
notes.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 8/1/2014 12:05 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
All around me have had a similarly miserable veg. season. Even my dear gardener (who mows one week and does special jobs the alternate week) says HE had lousy luck. Like mine, his corn cobs were only about 1/4 filled.

Along with the *&&$#%&*tomato prob, I got ONE tiny melon (new variety) out of the two plants. Etc.

Not just venting: would like to know if anyone in similar climate (Mediterranean) or even dissimilar, had as lousy a year?

HB

Only two peaches on my 'Santa Barabar' tree. Grapes were few, too. I
think my artichoke croaked, but I'll have to wait until October or
November to be sure.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see