Old 11-08-2014, 07:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Paleo diet cartoon

On 08/11/2014 03:37 AM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 22:13:27 -0700, Todd wrote:

rancher that is completely vertical. He grows then, slaughters
them, the whole nine yards. .... Oh, and
he hangs them too. The taste is extraordinary.

The coop buys whole cows from a few different farmers. The coop decides how
to price each cut. Different farmers vary the amount of fat in the ground
beef. The fattiest one is $6.23/lb.

No hanging.

I really would like to get some turkey and duck eggs.

You can get mail order completely pastured turkey from Slankers:
http://www.texasgrassfedbeef.com/

I believe my coop has duck eggs. I should try them?

Would
love to try some heritage pork too

I do list a couple places on http://paleofoodmall.com/

Slankers has had feral pork in the past. They haven't had any in a while.

1/3 lb of wild Java Crab ($6.74)

That is $20.22 / lb. Yikes! What is a "Java crab" anyway?
A nervous crab?

It keeps creeping up in price. Not long ago it was $18/lb can. Must be kept
refrigerated. Java is the country where it is wild caught. It tastes a lot
like lobster. It is distributed by a local company. It does not appear on
the web.

I think for the next batch (I buy for three meals at a time), I will use
Wild Planet Foods' Wild Albacore Tuna No Salt for variety.

I do not use salt at all in my cooking. I can now taste the salt in meat. I
can no longer eat smoked fish. It is horribly salty. The salt lingers and I
want to rinse out my mouth. Our ancestors did not have salt shakers.

There is ample salt in meat and seafood. We all know that vegans have to
supplement their diet with B-12. What people also don't realize is vegans
have to supplement with salt. Since salt is so ubiquitous in modern
cooking, we don't think of it as supplementing, but a vegan cannot toss the
salt shaker.

I have been eating a lot of purslane salads which grow
where ever I walk in my back yard. Free food!

There usually is lots of wood sorrel growing around here.

The
major expense when I am done making a salad is the
organic mayo

You can make homemade mayo with olive oil.

But you do have to get creative to keep the cost down.

I don't worry about keeping costs down.

And don't obsess on being a perfectionist. And remember
that variety is very important, but I think I am preaching
to the choir.

Variety is important. I don't practice this as much as I should. Most
people eat only a few different meats. Our ancestors ate whatever they
could catch or trap. It would have been a great variety of animals. And
they foraged for hundreds of different plants.

I have mail ordered conch, turtle meat and frozen baby clams from Wholey. I
wanted to buy the alligator meat, but the alligators are fed grains.

Have you heard about coffee fruit flour? It is the fruit
of the bean, virtually no caffeine, and low carb. Typically,
it gets fed to livestock.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...an-eat/360149/

No, I have not. It could be interesting. First, coffee is not a "bean."
Coffee is the seed of a fruit. Fruit seeds are not supposed to be digested.
They evolved to pass through an animal's digestive track and still be
viable at the other end. Fruit seeds should never be human food. (And this
includes cocoa.)

Berries have thorns to keep animals away. Animals would digest the seeds.
Berry bushes want their berries to be eaten by birds, which don't digest
the seeds.

The coffee flour is simply ground fruit. There is a paleo argument that
fruit should limited. In the past fruit would have been seasonal (though
different fruits at different times of the year), and the fruits were much
less voluptuous and less sweet than they are these days.

Hi Don,

When you hang beef, it really tenderizes it and adds to
the flavor. Rats!

A trick I like to do is when the Natural Chuck, London
Broil, or other tough old buzzard comes on sale, is to
ask my butcher to grind the whole thing up. They come
prepackage in 18 to 20 lb packs. When the butcher cuts
them up for the display case, they remove the fat (NNNOOOO).
So I get it fat and all, plus about a dollar more off per lb
as he did not remove the fat. I have him pack them in 2 lb
packs and freeze them up.

Ah. Seed dispersal! Sometimes, plants make the seeds so big
that you have to eat around them, tossing the seed away.
Wild avocados for instance. Others it is just a matter of
how long it stays in you before the seed gets digested.
And some times, plants will add and extra "run down the
hall" ingredient to make sure the seed gets the quick heave
hoe. Cherries for instance. (Don't have that problem
any more, as I can only eat two of them at a sitting.
Use them for desert. Use to have that problem real
bad as I could not discipline myself when it came
to cherries.)

Speaking of Cherries, did your co-op managed to get
any organic Rainer cherries? Raley's is still carrying
them. I live for them to come in season. They taste
like honey.

I usually do not cook with salt. Meat and eggs, never,
as it dries them out. (Secret to frying eggs: butter, low
heat, and salt them to taste after they hit your plate.)
Vegi's I will add some salt. I use Sea Salt. Mineral
salt tastes nasty to me. Interesting how both our tastes
changed after Paloe. Fascinating about the Vegans and
salt.

Mark Sisson did a wonderful article on salt:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/

I think the trick is to add it afterwards to taste. Your
body is pretty good at telling you what you need.

Yes, do try the duck eggs and let me know! Here is Mark Sisson
thoughts on the "other eggs". He is really asking for comment and
he gets a lot of interesting responses.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/duck-eggs/

Turkey eggs too, if you can find them. Variety is very important.
I don't do it as much as I should, but far more than before
diabetes/Paleo.

I do not think seeds are necessarily a problem. I think seeds
that have been hybridized for unnatural amounts of carbohydrates
are a definite problem. One head of wheat probably has more
worthless empty carbs in it than Grok could find all day.

You may want to read over Mark's article on Dark Chocolate:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-y...ark-chocolate/

By the way, Cacao and Coco are the same thing.

If you decide to try it, I make a killer Paleo cocoa. I will
give you the recipe. About 2 carbs per cup.

This is my favorite cooking group. Lots of great cooks:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum7.html

And no Met (Metformin) Heads, like on diabetic cooking
sites. Plus, Paloes like cooking that way and are not
****ed off about it as are many diabetics, usually the ones
on drugs.

Met, among other things, makes you paranoid delusional.
Yup. Everyone is picking on you. You turn into a real
jerk. When you get off it, you have to do a lot of
apologizing.

Loved the letter. Thank you!

-T

Old 11-08-2014, 07:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 08/09/2014 01:29 PM, Todd wrote:
On 08/09/2014 12:57 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Fri, 8 Aug 2014, Higgs Boson wrote:

Not to resucitate (ap?) the "paleo diet" thread, heaven forbid, but
there's a funny cartoon about it in the new New Yorker cartoon Web
site. Third cartoon.

http://tinyurl.com/lgw8o5x

I loaded it in another browser that does not have any blocking software.
There is a preroll video ad that Adblock Plus is blocking.

The third cartoon is the paleo one. There are three cavemen sitting
around
a fire. The caption is "I don't know about you guys, but I've had it
up to
here with the paleo diet."

Hi Don,

That explains it.

Tried it in Midori. Got the add, but nothing else.

-T

Higgs!

"C-" (Minus for meanness.) bemorefunnybemorefunnybemorefunny.
Think Grok running for his life from a pack of bees, yelling
occationallyrunrealfast!

You can redeem yourself. I am waiting.

-T

Still waiting.

Still waiting. (Sight of fingers tapping and single eyebrow
raised.)
Old 11-08-2014, 11:36 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 11:53:20 -0700, Todd wrote:

Speaking of Cherries, did your co-op managed to get
any organic Rainer cherries? Raley's is still carrying
them. I live for them to come in season. They taste
like honey.

Most of the farms around here lost their cherry crop from the Winter
freeze. I only bought them once at a farmer's market. It is easy to see
what produce my coop is selling. It is all listed online at:

http://foodcoop.com/go.php?page=produce

Scrolling down to cherries I find there are no organic ones.

Mark Sisson did a wonderful article on salt:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/

He is seeking benefits for it. Our ancestors did fine with no salt shakers.
Just meat and seafood.

I think the trick is to add it afterwards to taste. Your
body is pretty good at telling you what you need.

One builds up a tolerance to salt. If you use it you will want it to make
the food taste good. For someone like me that never uses it, all food
tastes just fine without it. And then I find fresh leg of lamb to be salty.

Yes, do try the duck eggs and let me know! Here is Mark Sisson
thoughts on the "other eggs". He is really asking for comment and
he gets a lot of interesting responses.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/duck-eggs/

Well, I get enough B-12. I don't need duck eggs to get it. I bought some
regular eggs today, not thinking about duck eggs. By regular they are from
a small farmer that pastures the chickens.

Turkey eggs too, if you can find them.

Never seen them.

I do not think seeds are necessarily a problem.

Our ancestors were not seeds eaters. Other than some large seeds they were
not gathering them. They are high in Omega-6s. These depress the immune
system and inflame the arteries. All seeds* have anti-nutrients. They have
to. If animals ate the seeds that would disrupt the seed's reproductive
cycle. A common antinutrient is phytic acid. Another is lectins.

* Non-fruit seeds. Fruit seeds evolved to not be digested.

You may want to read over Mark's article on Dark Chocolate:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-y...ark-chocolate/

I disagree. The chocolate sellers put a lot of effort into promoting their
product. You can create a study to show whatever benefit you want. And
they, of course, ignore the negatives. As for lowering blood pressure, mine
is already as low as it can go and still be healthy.

He makes a big deal of antioxidants. Staffan Lindeberg says they are no big
deal for a paleo eater. A paleo eater can ignore all the hype about them.
An antioxidant is a molecule that inhibits the oxidation of other
molecules. But on a paleo diet oxidation of other molecules is not an
issue.

Mark is primal, not paleo. I follow the Neanderthin paleo variant. The food
must be edible raw, though it is okay to cook it. Both cocoa and coffee
seeds fail this test.

If you decide to try it, I make a killer Paleo cocoa. I will
give you the recipe. About 2 carbs per cup.

Having not eaten chocolate in a long time I do not like it.

Don. www.paleodiet.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Old 12-08-2014, 04:48 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 08/11/2014 03:36 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 11:53:20 -0700, Todd wrote:

One builds up a tolerance to salt. If you use it you will want it to make
the food taste good. For someone like me that never uses it, all food
tastes just fine without it. And then I find fresh leg of lamb to be salty.

When I was a kid, I use to love the smell of roasting Lamb.
My mom use to get after me for eating too much. ("Here have
some more potatoes, they are cheap".) Now, since my tastes have
changes from the Paleo, I can not even stand the smell of it.
Bummer too, it cuts down on variety.

Salt does depend on how much sea food you can consume. I
don't eat any as it is disgusting out here. I do remember
as a kid catching my limit of surf perch and cooking them
up that night. What a treat.

Salt is necessary for all life. The poison is in the dosage.
Here is an interesting article on salt in Africa:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-Gall#Salt_extraction

If you do use salt, I would recommend sea salt. It has
trace minerals in it.

Yes, do try the duck eggs and let me know! Here is Mark Sisson
thoughts on the "other eggs". He is really asking for comment and
he gets a lot of interesting responses.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/duck-eggs/

Well, I get enough B-12. I don't need duck eggs to get it. I bought some
regular eggs today, not thinking about duck eggs. By regular they are from
a small farmer that pastures the chickens.

Those are so good! The thing about various eggs is the variety
thing.

Turkey eggs too, if you can find them.

Never seen them.

I have only heard of them.

I do not think seeds are necessarily a problem.

Our ancestors were not seeds eaters. Other than some large seeds they were
not gathering them. They are high in Omega-6s. These depress the immune
system and inflame the arteries. All seeds* have anti-nutrients. They have
to. If animals ate the seeds that would disrupt the seed's reproductive
cycle. A common antinutrient is phytic acid. Another is lectins.

Here is a good article to back up what you just said

* Non-fruit seeds. Fruit seeds evolved to not be digested.

You may want to read over Mark's article on Dark Chocolate:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-y...ark-chocolate/

I disagree. The chocolate sellers put a lot of effort into promoting their
product. You can create a study to show whatever benefit you want.

Don't industry funded studies drive you crazy? There is an
industry funded study on cinnamon and diabetes out there.
Total horse s***, as far as I can tell.

And there are endless study on "Healthy Carbs" out there
that the two of know are total trash

And
they, of course, ignore the negatives. As for lowering blood pressure, mine
is already as low as it can go and still be healthy.

He makes a big deal of antioxidants. Staffan Lindeberg says they are no big
deal for a paleo eater. A paleo eater can ignore all the hype about them.
An antioxidant is a molecule that inhibits the oxidation of other
molecules. But on a paleo diet oxidation of other molecules is not an
issue.

I seem to get along fine with cocoa. It is the artificially
hybridized for high carbohydrate stuff I have to watch out for
(grains, etc.).

Mark is primal, not paleo. I follow the Neanderthin paleo variant. The food
must be edible raw, though it is okay to cook it. Both cocoa and coffee
seeds fail this test.

I follow Mark Sisson and Steve Cooksey. Steve's site is specific
to Diabetics and Paleo:

http://www.diabetes-warrior.net/

Mark lectures on Paleo and diabetes, as he has had it
since he was a kid. Still has his feet too!

But, I don't obsess on it.

And now I am hungry again!

-T

Bummer on the cherries!

Old 12-08-2014, 09:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:48:44 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 08/11/2014 03:36 PM, Don Wiss wrote:

product. You can create a study to show whatever benefit you want.

Don't industry funded studies drive you crazy? There is an
industry funded study on cinnamon and diabetes out there.
Total horse s***, as far as I can tell.

The Glutamate Association has done several studies showing that MSG is
benign. How do they do it? First, to be in the study you are interviewed by
phone. They ask if you are sensitive to MSG. If you respond yes, you are
excluded. Then in the study they use aspartame as the control beverage.
Aspartame is also an excitotoxin. They results are 15% of the MSG group and
15% of the control group get a reaction. Ergo, there is no reason to avoid
MSG.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 11:53:20 -0700, Todd wrote:

Yes, do try the duck eggs and let me know! Here is Mark Sisson
thoughts on the "other eggs". He is really asking for comment and
he gets a lot of interesting responses.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/duck-eggs/

I was at the coop. I found the duck eggs. There was only one box. There
were six large eggs that sell for $7.03. It states they are pond raised.

I did not buy them. I will wait until my chicken egg inventory is a little
lower. So next week.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 08/12/2014 01:36 AM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:48:44 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 08/11/2014 03:36 PM, Don Wiss wrote:

product. You can create a study to show whatever benefit you want.

Don't industry funded studies drive you crazy? There is an
industry funded study on cinnamon and diabetes out there.
Total horse s***, as far as I can tell.

The Glutamate Association has done several studies showing that MSG is
benign. How do they do it? First, to be in the study you are interviewed by
phone. They ask if you are sensitive to MSG. If you respond yes, you are
excluded. Then in the study they use aspartame as the control beverage.
Aspartame is also an excitotoxin. They results are 15% of the MSG group and
15% of the control group get a reaction. Ergo, there is no reason to avoid
MSG.

Hi Don,

Wonder of Wonders! Apply enough money and you can
make that study say ANYTHING you want. I have seen
the conclusions to some of those studies. I scratched
my head in bewilderment -- never believed a word. This
does explain a lot.

Stay the hell away from Kentucky Fried Chicken. They
coat everything in Glutamic Acid (MSG and all their
liar's synonyms, such as Yeast Extract), even their
vegetables. El Polio Loco does not.

Funny about MSG, it give me a headache about 12 hours
after I consume it (don't worry, I don't anymore).
What me? Couldn't have been my stuff. That was twelve
hour ago.

Trader Joe's is a HUGE hypocrite on this front. A lot
of their prepared stuff is full of MSG, under various
Liar's names such as Yeast Extract and Torula Yeast.
Trader Joe's has a policy not to use MSG. But, they
are fine with all the other names for it.

Torula Yeast is a waste product from paper mills!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torula

One lady I knew who shopped at Trader Joe's said that
their canned soups gave her parents headaches the next
day. She was really ****ed when I showed her the Yeast
Extract on the label and explained it was Liar's MSG.
Trader Joe's wasn't suppose to use MSG. hahahahaha.
Liars.

And make your own broth. Never buy it!

I have been show several very suspect studies on the
Inuits where adding carbs helps them. Oh my the lengths
some will go to.

Just out of curiosity, have you noticed that your cooking
is a lot like Grandma's? You cook up a lot of real food
at once, then freeze a lot of it, then use it during the
week. Sort of like fast food, only it is actually food.

-T

Can you get organic beef bones for broth from your co-op?
I can't get any out here. I make a killer chicken broth.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 08/12/2014 09:18 AM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 11:53:20 -0700, Todd wrote:

Yes, do try the duck eggs and let me know! Here is Mark Sisson
thoughts on the "other eggs". He is really asking for comment and
he gets a lot of interesting responses.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/duck-eggs/

I was at the coop. I found the duck eggs. There was only one box. There
were six large eggs that sell for $7.03. It states they are pond raised.

I did not buy them. I will wait until my chicken egg inventory is a little
lower. So next week.

Hi Don,

$7.03 for six. Yikes! I can see where that would be
a problem. I pay $3.50 for 12 for local organic
free range eggs. This variety thing can get expensive!

-T
Old 12-08-2014, 08:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 10:25:09 -0700, Todd wrote:

Wonder of Wonders! Apply enough money and you can
make that study say ANYTHING you want. I have seen
the conclusions to some of those studies. I scratched
my head in bewilderment -- never believed a word. This
does explain a lot.

Or you can be like T. Colin Campbell. And simply conclude what you want,
and ignore that the data doesn't support your conclusions. All you have to
do is to make the assumption that few readers have the ability to actually
analyze your data. But Denise Minger did:

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the...act-or-fallac/

Trader Joe's is a HUGE hypocrite on this front. A lot
of their prepared stuff is full of MSG, under various
Liar's names such as Yeast Extract and Torula Yeast.

I was aware of Yeast Extract. Never heard of Torula Yeast. But I do not buy
anything that lists more than a single ingredient. Except my tuna fish is
tuna and water. Sardines are fish and olive oil. And I buy some Nantucket
spice mixes that have many pure spices.

What I have had to point out to my mother is "No MSG Added" ALWAYS means
that the product has MSG. Otherwise they would say No MSG. It wasn't added.
It was formed as part of the production process.

Trader Joe's has a policy not to use MSG. But, they
are fine with all the other names for it.

I only buy from them frozen fruit and frozen wild shrimp. The wild RED
shrimp is now in stock for $8.99/lb (which is more like 18 oz). I encourage
everybody to stock up their freezer with this. It is not available all year
round.

Just out of curiosity, have you noticed that your cooking
is a lot like Grandma's?

One grandma didn't cook. She had help. The other also had help, but in
later years did cook. I don't remember what it was like.

You cook up a lot of real food
at once, then freeze a lot of it, then use it during the
week. Sort of like fast food, only it is actually food.

I don't freeze up much of my own. Except I was freezing applesauce. But I
plan to stop. It is mostly fructose. And I do cook up butternut squashes in
the Fall and freeze portions. Then simple to use them as part of a meal. I
do have some cooked lamb in the freezer, but only as my kitchen is being
renovated and I don't have an oven in my temporary kitchen.

Can you get organic beef bones for broth from your co-op?
I can't get any out here. I make a killer chicken broth.

By organic, I presume you mean grass-fed. Yes, but the price is too high.
Considering it is a by product, the price should be low. I don't recall the
price now. I can check tomorrow, as I will be picking up a special order
then.

I have bought beef bone broth as shown on my http://paleofoodmall.com/
page.

Don.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 08/12/2014 12:01 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 10:25:09 -0700, Todd wrote:

I was aware of Yeast Extract. Never heard of Torula Yeast.

It is in Trader Joe's battered halibut. (Don't eat battered
anything any more. Except when I make my own grain free stuff.)

But I do not buy
anything that lists more than a single ingredient. Except my tuna fish is
tuna and water. Sardines are fish and olive oil. And I buy some Nantucket
spice mixes that have many pure spices.

I make a point of cooking from scratch as much as possible. Whatever
I buy, I make sure nothing comes from a test tube. Everything has
to be real food.

What I have had to point out to my mother is "No MSG Added" ALWAYS means
that the product has MSG. Otherwise they would say No MSG. It wasn't added.
It was formed as part of the production process.

Absolutely!

Here is web site that goes into the 99 other names for MSG:
http://www.truthinlabeling.org/hiddensources.html

Our labeling laws really suck. Another one to be careful of
is super glucose or as they like to call it: maltodextrin.
It has a glycemix index of 110, 10 points higher than glucose.
It explodes into glucose the instant it hits your tongue.
And guess what? The labeling law are such they don't have
to list it as a carb. Liars.

I only buy from them frozen fruit and frozen wild shrimp. The wild RED
shrimp is now in stock for $8.99/lb (which is more like 18 oz). I encourage
everybody to stock up their freezer with this. It is not available all year
round.

Great tip! Thank you. Putting it on the shopping list now.

Farm raised shrimp is so gross. Fed Chicken poop!

By organic, I presume you mean grass-fed. Yes, but the price is too high.
Considering it is a by product, the price should be low. I don't recall the
price now. I can check tomorrow, as I will be picking up a special order
then.

I always presume grass-fed may not be organic, but that organic
is grass fed. Occasionally, you get lucky and find someone
who is trying to get organic certified or is following it
anyway and can't afford to certify: then the prices are a lot
cheaper.

When did bones get so stinkin' expensive anyway!

I have bought beef bone broth as shown on my http://paleofoodmall.com/
page.

Do you know how to make it on your own? Real broth is a
treat and a half. Plus Grok ate marrow. Lots of
stuff in broth that humans need to live. Plus it is
real comfort food!

-T

Old 14-08-2014, 02:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 10:25:09 -0700, Todd wrote:

Can you get organic beef bones for broth from your co-op?
I can't get any out here. I make a killer chicken broth.

I was at the coop. Beef and pork bones are $3.46/lb. They are in the frozen
case. Now the coop buys several whole cows a week. That is a lot of bones.
At that price they can't be selling very many bones. Though I would expect
them to be the bones with the most marrow.

Old 15-08-2014, 10:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 14:06:13 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 08/08/2014 12:17 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
Not to resucitate (ap?) the "paleo diet" thread, heaven forbid, but there's a funny cartoon about it in the new New Yorker cartoon Web site. Third cartoon.

http://tinyurl.com/lgw8o5x

HB

Hi Higgs,

Ghostery blocks it and I am not about to turn Ghostery
off. Rats! Was looking forward to a good, funny cartoon.

-T

That's weird, i use ghostery and i can see it.

?-)

Old 15-08-2014, 05:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 08/15/2014 02:56 AM, josephkk wrote:
On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 14:06:13 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 08/08/2014 12:17 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
Not to resucitate (ap?) the "paleo diet" thread, heaven forbid, but there's a funny cartoon about it in the new New Yorker cartoon Web site. Third cartoon.

http://tinyurl.com/lgw8o5x

HB

Hi Higgs,

Ghostery blocks it and I am not about to turn Ghostery
off. Rats! Was looking forward to a good, funny cartoon.

-T

That's weird, i use ghostery and i can see it.

?-)

Could be my combination of Ad Block Plus and Ghostrey.
Old 17-08-2014, 02:31 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 08/12/2014 10:27 AM, Todd wrote:
On 08/12/2014 09:18 AM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 11:53:20 -0700, Todd wrote:

Yes, do try the duck eggs and let me know! Here is Mark Sisson
thoughts on the "other eggs". He is really asking for comment and
he gets a lot of interesting responses.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/duck-eggs/

I was at the coop. I found the duck eggs. There was only one box. There
were six large eggs that sell for $7.03. It states they are pond raised.

I did not buy them. I will wait until my chicken egg inventory is a
little
lower. So next week.

Hi Don,

$7.03 for six. Yikes! I can see where that would be
a problem. I pay $3.50 for 12 for local organic
free range eggs. This variety thing can get expensive!

-T

Couldn't find those $8/lb wild shrimp at Traders Joe's. Rats!

Old 17-08-2014, 02:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 08/11/2014 11:54 AM, Todd wrote:
[...]

It can't take you that long to look a good cartoon!

You a dude or a chick?