Old 12-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Annaid

Default Blueberry bushes

Do I need more than one bush for cross pollination to get berries?

D~

Old 12-05-2003, 03:32 PM
flicker

From: "Annaid"

Do I need more than one bush for cross pollination to get berries?

It usually is not necessary but additional bushes/cultivars will undoubtedly
increase your berry production.

Bianca
Long Island
Zone 6-7
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Old 12-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Pam

Annaid wrote:

Do I need more than one bush for cross pollination to get berries?

D~

Blueberries are self fertile, but you will get better and larger crops
if you have two different cultivars to cross pollinate.

pam - gardengal

Old 12-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Iris Cohen

Do I need more than one bush for cross pollination to get berries?
BRBR

You will get some fruit even from one bush, but two are better. The standard
recommendation is to grow three different cultivars, one early, one midseason,
& one late. That way you get the maximum production over the longest period.
Since blueberries are attractive anyway, no reason not to.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)