GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cut Worms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/22656-cut-worms.html)

Jo-Ann 15-05-2003 07:32 PM

Cut Worms

Hello,
This may be a double post and I apologize. I cannot seem to get a post into
the group so I am trying again.

I planted most of my tomato and basil plants in pots. My peppers are in the
ground. I have noticed that cut worms have gotten a few of my basil plants
(all my veggies were grown from seed except the peppers). I looked up
control for these beasties in a gardening book and it says to use Diazinon
(Spelling?)
I do not want to do this. Aside from using collars around the plants, is
there something I can spray onto the plants like hot pepper spray or soapy
spray to stop these worms? I HATE using poisons.

Thanks in advance for your help. Jo-Ann

--
Invalid address-Please post request to e-mail me.