Old 19-05-2003, 06:56 PM

Default Set rubber plant and schefflera outside for sumer?

Very dumb abt plants.

Having said that Ive bought a nice rubber tree and
schefflera at a garage sale.

Can I set them out during the summer? And will it help
them grow and flourish?

Im in north Missouri
Old 19-05-2003, 07:32 PM
Cereoid-UR12

Only if you want them to get irreparably sunburnt should you put them
outdoors in the summer.

Don't do it.

Old 19-05-2003, 09:56 PM

Even in a shady spot, you
may introduce bug problems to your house when you bring them indoors
for the winter. Better to cultivate them indoors.

OK

Thanks guys
Old 19-05-2003, 10:08 PM
simy1

"Cereoid-UR12" wrote in message ...
Only if you want them to get irreparably sunburnt should you put them
outdoors in the summer.

Don't do it.

Do it. They will make energy for the winter and will be more apt to
survive
in a low light part of your house. If you are worried about sunburn,
place them at an open shade location, or better yet, a place where
they get light until
10 am or so. Where I put them, they get about 4 hrs sunlight a day.

Old 19-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Cereoid-UR12

You are truly one perverted sadist, slimy.

Yours is the worst advice possible and you probably don't care because you
are not the one that will need to deal with the consequences of what to do
with badly damaged and permanently disfigured sunburnt plants.

om...

Old 20-05-2003, 02:44 PM
simy1

"Cereoid-UR12" wrote in message y.com...
You are truly one perverted sadist, slimy.

Yours is the worst advice possible and you probably don't care because you
are not the one that will need to deal with the consequences of what to do
with badly damaged and permanently disfigured sunburnt plants.

Ah, ultimately plants need light to thrive. I put mine out every
summer, and they are rather healthy. They do well in places of the
house that are too dark for a plant, because they load up in the
summer. Most can take midday sun, as a matter of fact. You must be in
Arizona.