Old 20-05-2003, 12:32 AM
Mceezee

Default Tomato plants wilting

I had a six pack of small tomato plants I was going to put in the ground this
weekend. It was a little cold and damp yesterday so I never put them in. When
I went to plant them late in the day today, they seemed to be wilted and
somewhat yellowed. I trimmed back the tops some (hoping to save them some).
Would this be from the cold? We haven't had too many warm days (other than
today was in the 70s).
Old 20-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Cereoid-UR12

Did you forget to water them?

Since you failed to say where you are on the planet and didn't say how cold
it got, how are we supposed to know if they froze or not?

Old 22-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Doug Kanter

The smaller the container, the more quickly a plant will dry out. With
six-packs, that could mean as little as an hour. Since you've cut the tops
off, go buy new ones. The minute you get home, put them in the shade until
ready to plant, which should be 20 minutes later. Put the six pack in a
shallow dish with a little water, in case Aunt Nellie comes over for tea
without realizing that only a complete asshole visits a gardener at this
time of year without calling first. Or bringing their own outdoor chair.

"Mceezee" wrote in message

I had a six pack of small tomato plants I was going to put in the ground

this
weekend. It was a little cold and damp yesterday so I never put them in.

When
I went to plant them late in the day today, they seemed to be wilted and
somewhat yellowed. I trimmed back the tops some (hoping to save them

some).
Would this be from the cold? We haven't had too many warm days (other

than
today was in the 70s).

[IMG] code is On

tomato wilting K United Kingdom 7 12-10-2009 08:17 PM
Why are my tomato seedlings wilting? [email protected] Edible Gardening 5 20-05-2006 06:19 AM
Tomato plant wilting Alan Gardening 22 01-07-2005 12:10 AM
New black currant plants wilting Ron Wood Gardening 1 23-04-2004 06:03 AM
Tomato Plants Wilting Fred Mann Gardening 5 23-06-2003 10:08 PM