GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Got some vinegar................ (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/27744-got-some-vinegar.html)

Allview 20-05-2003 12:20 PM

Got some vinegar................

I bought some vinegar and sprayed some areas of creeping charlie or ground ivy.
Should I be spraying the same spots every day? For how long?

Marilyn in Ohio

animaux 20-05-2003 01:56 PM

Got some vinegar................

On 20 May 2003 11:10:30 GMT, (Allview) wrote:

I bought some vinegar and sprayed some areas of creeping charlie or ground ivy.
Should I be spraying the same spots every day? For how long?

Marilyn in Ohio

Did you buy 20% acidity vinegar? If so, it is best used in full sun during the
hottest part of the day. If those conditions don't exist and these weeds are in
shade, it may not work that well. It usually takes one application, sometimes
two, but without the blazing heat of the sun it is not very effective.

Heywood Jablomee 21-05-2003 09:32 PM

Got some vinegar................

You'd get better results by ****ing on it. Seriously.

Shepherd 21-05-2003 09:56 PM

Got some vinegar................

Allview wrote:
I bought some vinegar and sprayed some areas of creeping charlie or

ground ivy.
Should I be spraying the same spots every day? For how long?

Marilyn in Ohio

Sprayed the crabgrass in my back yard with 20% vinegar and within two days
the crabgrass was dead. As someone has already noted the vinegar must be put
on in a sunny location on a hot day or it will not kill the weeds.

Another point. Vinegar is not selective and will kill any plants you get it
on including grasses and valuable plants. So, use it with caution.

Shepherd

Allview 22-05-2003 12:20 PM

Got some vinegar................

All the ground ivy that was sprayed turned brown within 2 days. How long
should I wait before putting in some grass seed?

Marilyn in Ohio

animaux 22-05-2003 04:32 PM

Got some vinegar................

You can water the area well and plant seed right away. Vinegar is only a
contact herbicide. It works better when mixed with d-limonine found in many of
the orange oil products used in horticulture these days. Not to confuse it with
the other cleaning products on the market which have detergents and such in
them.

Roger Ramjet 26-05-2003 05:32 PM

Got some vinegar................

Don't forget to follow up with a spray treatment of extra virgin olive oil

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/hom...ar.html#Garden