Old 20-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Allview

Default Got some vinegar................

I bought some vinegar and sprayed some areas of creeping charlie or ground ivy.
Should I be spraying the same spots every day? For how long?

Marilyn in Ohio
Old 21-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Heywood Jablomee

You'd get better results by ****ing on it. Seriously.

Old 21-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Shepherd

Allview wrote:
I bought some vinegar and sprayed some areas of creeping charlie or

ground ivy.
Should I be spraying the same spots every day? For how long?

Marilyn in Ohio

Sprayed the crabgrass in my back yard with 20% vinegar and within two days
the crabgrass was dead. As someone has already noted the vinegar must be put
on in a sunny location on a hot day or it will not kill the weeds.

Another point. Vinegar is not selective and will kill any plants you get it
on including grasses and valuable plants. So, use it with caution.

Shepherd

Old 22-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Allview

All the ground ivy that was sprayed turned brown within 2 days. How long
should I wait before putting in some grass seed?

Marilyn in Ohio

Old 22-05-2003, 04:32 PM
animaux

You can water the area well and plant seed right away. Vinegar is only a
contact herbicide. It works better when mixed with d-limonine found in many of
the orange oil products used in horticulture these days. Not to confuse it with
the other cleaning products on the market which have detergents and such in
them.

Old 26-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Roger Ramjet

Don't forget to follow up with a spray treatment of extra virgin olive oil

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/hom...ar.html#Garden