Old 22-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Madman2001

Default Fusarium wilt help???

Folks:

We have Fusarium wilt in our vegetable garden, at least in the south
end. I have some questions.

1) If I don't plant susceptible plants there for 3 or 4 or 5 years,
will the wilt pathogens die off? Or is forever?

2) Will the pathogens spread throughout the garden by themselves or
thru natural causes (e.g. rain), or must they be carried by tools,
shoes, etc.

3) How can I clean my tools to prevent me spreading the dirt until my
whole lot is infected?

4) Gardens Alive advertises a natural agent that attempts to
outcompete the wilt (http://www.gardensalive.com/item_dis...9166&EID=GGA45).
Has anyone tried this?

5) Am I doomed never to grow Brandywines or Green Zebras again??

Let me know, if you would. All info appreciated.

the Mad Gardener
Old 23-05-2003, 03:56 AM
Andrew Ostrander

Your post sounds like you have fusarium wilt for tomatoes. I have fusarium
wilt for asters (the different sorts of fungus are quite specific about what
they attack), and I have waited years for it to disappear, but every time I
plant asters, they die of it. I hope someone can post a solution.

om...

Old 23-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Thu, 22 May 2003 21:50:39 -0500, "Andrew Ostrander"
wrote:

I hope someone can post a solution.

http://www.simplici-tea.com/

"Nature, left alone, is in perfect balance.
Harmful insects and plant diseases are always present,
but do not occur in nature to an extent which requires the use of poisonous chemicals.
The sensible approach to disease and insect control is to grow sturdy crops in a healthy environment."

Masanobu Fukuoka, One Straw Revolution--1978