Old 23-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Steve & Erin

Default Moving tulips

When is the best time to move tulips? They are almost finished blooming and
I would like them in a different spot next year.

Thanks in advance-
Erin

Old 24-05-2003, 01:44 AM
Zemedelec

ubject: Moving tulips BRBR

For a minute there I thought we had a new subspecies--something like a Walking
Iris, which spread happily in a small side plot in my garden (New Orleans).

zemedelec
Old 24-05-2003, 06:44 AM
B & J

"Steve & Erin" wrote in message
When is the best time to move tulips? They are almost finished blooming

and
I would like them in a different spot next year.

Thanks in advance-
Erin

Wait until all the foliage has died back before digging, but be sure to mark
the area so that you won't lose track of where they are. After they die
back, dig up the bulbs, and you can either replant immediately into the new
destination, or you can store them in a cool, dry place until September or
October and plant them then.

John

Old 24-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Tom Randy

On Fri, 23 May 2003 07:36:57 -0400, Steve & Erin wrote:

When is the best time to move tulips? They are almost finished blooming
and I would like them in a different spot next year.

Thanks in advance-
Erin

Let the foliage die back first then dig up and either replant now or in
the fall.