Old 26-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Steve

Default Help rescuing a plumeria plant

Hi

I have a plumeria plant I have been trying to grow for years now from
a small piece purchased in Hawaii. I live in Arizona. The small piece
grew very slowly year by year and would sprout a few leaves but not
much more. The past month or so it's begun to get soft at the base,
and it seems about ready to fall over. The top is still green and
firm, but without leaves. I feel that it will die soon if I don't
rescue it. I would like to cut the top off and try to replant it but I
am not sure how to do it. I was thinking the right way would be to
propogate it somehow using a plastic sheet around the stem with some
wet soil inside? Or peat? I would love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks...Steve in Arizona
Old 29-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Steve

Thanks for your replies. I see what I have to do. It will be fun to
try and I hope it works. I did have stemrot. I cut the healthy part,
and will allow it to dry, then dip in root hormone and either pea
gravel or perlite. Wish me luck!

thanks again,
steve
Old 08-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Registered User

Location: nowra, australia

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Hi

I have a plumeria plant The past month or so it's begun to get soft at the base,
and it seems about ready to fall over. The top is still green and
firm, but without leaves. I feel that it will die soon if I don't
rescue it.

hi steve
i live in australia, where plumeria do not grow as well as where you are, but they are hardy plants so you should have no problem.
cut yours off above the rotted bit (make sure the inside is nice and white and firm).. leave it to dry out and callous for two weeks and then replant it...
and viola!!! new plant!!!
good luck and happy growing!
Renay