Old 29-05-2003, 04:20 PM
NCBBA3293

Default Japanese Stewartia?????

The stewartia we planted last spring is doing very well. The problem
we have is it's top heavy and leaning over because of all the new
growth. Should we trim it or just let it go. It has had flower buds on
it for at least a month already. I thought it didn't flower until
summer. Any hints or help with this tree would be greatly appreciated.
Mark
Old 29-05-2003, 06:32 PM
David J Bockman

After blooming you can prune it back to a more balanced shape... consider
propping up the leaning bits until you do that, perhaps?

om...