Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Minteeleaf

Default garden police gone wild?

[[[[[APPLAUSE]]]]]]] Paghat, you hit it on the head.
I've seen how some HOAs operate. "Nazi" is a good word for it.

Minteeleaf

paghat wrote:

unya (Purchgdss) wrote:

His junk heap and trailer and b-ball hoop that nobody ever
plays with are going to go. We have a lot of money invested in our homes and
his house is the first you see when you enter the gates.

No different than the "garden police".
sigh I'm so grateful I don't have a "neighborhood association"/home

nazi's in
my subdivision. I purposely bought where I did *because* there isn't one.

I agree the attitude is entirely "neighbhood association nazi," a very
fine turn of phrase, & going off-the-deep-end even trying to ban someone's
basketball hoop seems like a satire on what it means to BE a neighborhood
associaton nazi. It's too bad the empowering the powerless results in such
abuses, but abuse of small power seems more often the rule than the
exception.

I wouldn't believe anyone on earth could be that churlish & moronic & get
neighborhood enforcement for their demented perspective on how a neighbor
should live, except a friend of mine bought into one of those
association-controlled hideous housing projects, wherein no one of human
value will ever fit in.

big snip

These people are welcome to their ugly lives, but give them an ounce of
power, they do all they can to impose their ugly standards on the private
lives of others.

-paghat the ratgirl