GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Toadstools/Mushrooms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/30424-toadstools-mushrooms.html)

Shepherd 04-06-2003 03:56 AM

Toadstools/Mushrooms

I live in north Texas and lately have seen numerous Toadstools/Mushrooms on
my front lawn after watering.
I used an organic fertilizer for the first time earlier this year, and
besides the Toadstools/Mushrooms the grass looks very green and healthy.

I don't recall ever seeing them in my lawn before.

We have had little rain here in the past year, and I don't water any more
than I have in the past, probably less.

Can anyone explain to me why I'm getting so many Toadstools/Mushrooms this
year?

Thanks,

Shepherd

Marley1372 04-06-2003 05:32 PM

Toadstools/Mushrooms

you are getting them because you have organic matter in the soil that is being
decomposed. The mushrooms wont hurt anything, you can either pick them out or
let them go away on thier own.

Toad