Old 08-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Richard Lane

Default Cats defacating under house

Any suggestion as to what might discourage cats fro congregating under
the house? Cayenne pepper or Fido Shock electric fence for instance?
Dick

Old 08-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Dave Fouchey

Moth Balls worked for me.

Dave

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 17:53:38 -0700, Richard Lane
wrote:

Any suggestion as to what might discourage cats fro congregating under
the house? Cayenne pepper or Fido Shock electric fence for instance?
Dick

Dave Fouchey, WA4EMR
http://photos.yahoo.com/davefouchey
Southeastern Lower Michigan
42° 35' 20'' N,
82° 58' 37'' W
GMT Offset: -5
Time Zone: Eastern
Old 08-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Congregating is not defecating.

Do YOU shit where YOU sleep?

Put up a regular non-electric fence to keep them out.

Old 08-06-2003, 08:08 AM
Travis

Richard Lane wrote:
Any suggestion as to what might discourage cats fro congregating under
the house? Cayenne pepper or Fido Shock electric fence for instance?
Dick

Putting a wire mesh over the openings to the underside of your house should
do the trick.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

Old 08-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Anne Middleton/Harold Walker

Moth Balls worked for me.

How many moths do you need to get enough to do the job.

Old 08-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Phisherman

Richard Lane wrote:
Any suggestion as to what might discourage cats fro congregating under
the house? Cayenne pepper or Fido Shock electric fence for instance?
Dick

Chicken wire, side cutters, gloves and a staple gun. You can also
place the chicken wire over flower beds--the cats will often avoid
places they can't dig a potty.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Dave Fouchey

GROAN.......

Old 08-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

Richard Lane wrote:

Any suggestion as to what might discourage cats fro congregating under
the house? Cayenne pepper or Fido Shock electric fence for instance?

How about putting hardware cloth over the vents and under the
porches?

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both
Old 10-06-2003, 01:44 AM
jhultman

Night vision goggles and a suppressed .22.

Oh, and a shovel.

Just kidding yawl.

Old 10-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Dave Fouchey

Well it would WORK however the attendant negatives, arrest, court,
trial lawyer fees, jail time, etc. make it a wee bit less than ideal
as a solution.

Old 11-06-2003, 10:08 PM
jhultman

In the big city, or a state that doesn't have Class III...
You're right, I'd toe the line there.

The right state, a two hundred dollar tax stamp and a place in the country
might
prove less costly.

Being potentially the same situation I make sure the crawl space under
the house and the vent screens are maintained and closed up. All
kinds of critters love dark hiding places. Best to avoid
attracting them. Like lawyers.

Old 16-06-2003, 07:20 PM
~consul

Richard Lane wrote:
Any suggestion as to what might discourage cats fro congregating under
the house? Cayenne pepper or Fido Shock electric fence for instance?

Other than just not liking cats roaming around under the house, can the cats do any real
damage to the house while they are there?
--
R.I.P. Gregory Peck, June 12th, 2003. He showed me the father and the man I strive to be,
on-screen and off. [[Reverend Sykes: "Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin'."

Old 18-06-2003, 08:39 AM
Shelly

"~consul" wrote in message
Other than just not liking cats roaming around under the house, can the

cats do any real
damage to the house while they are there?

In a word, Yes! We have a bedroom in our house that always smelled of Cat
Doo, and if a cat ever managed to get in, he/she would try to do their
business there. Not a good idea, let me tell you! We finally figured out
the problem when we asked the cable guy to add a new line to that same room.
Cable Guy scooted in, then came right back out! Seems he found himself in a
sandy area that was being heavily used as a year-round litter box, and his
job description did not include crawling through feces, so he left the cable
under the house, and my husband had to finish the job. I tell you, by the
time he was finished, I had to hide the guns, because the cats were
definately on hubby's s--- list!

Shelly