Old 10-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Kyle Boatright

Default Rutted Sod

Due to poor scheduling and boneheaded decision making by the company that
installed sod in my backyard, I have 6,000 sf or so of rutted soil. The ruts
are from them moving equipment on the sod after a large rain.

The question is: What is the remedy? Sod roller and aeration? Top
dressing?

I'm fairly P.O.'d over the situation as I am planning an outdoor party in a
month or so and had planned on the yard being ready for moderate foot
traffic.

Thanks,

KB

Old 13-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Jason Quick

"Kyle Boatright" wrote :

Due to poor scheduling and boneheaded decision making by the company that
installed sod in my backyard, I have 6,000 sf or so of rutted soil. The

ruts
are from them moving equipment on the sod after a large rain.

The answer is: hammer the sod company. Make them make it right. Raise
hell if they don't. They screwed up your yard doing something that any
reasonable, intelligent person could figure out would wreck the sod.

Of course, the fact that they didn't fix it to begin with makes me wonder
how much luck you'll have...but good luck.

Jason

[IMG] code is On

Just put down 10 pallets of Tiff Sod, what do I do now? Route Man Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
when to sod st augustine Randy Marsh Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
grass sod question? jeffrey Gardening 0 28-03-2003 05:44 PM
Sod Lifter Astro Obs Texas 2 05-03-2003 08:18 PM
Time to set out St. Augustine sod? Sam Texas 1 23-02-2003 10:49 PM